Highlighted

Audio and Video aren't linked when importing AAF/XML

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a timeline project with many cuts in Resolve that I want to edit in Premiere Pro. When I export from Resolve and import to Premiere Pro, the resulting timeline does not have the audio and video clips linked as they were in Resolve.

The "Linked Selection" button the Premiere timeline is definitely on, and I can manually link a single clip's audio with that clip's video, but doing that for the 100+ clips in the timeline is infeasible. The result is the same regardless of whether I import from AAF or from XML. The audio and video are both coming from a single mp4 file (pic of project attached).

More background in case it is relevant:

I wrote a script to use ffmpeg to process a video file to find start/end times for silence. I take these timecodes and format them as an EDL file that I import into Resolve. (Importing EDL files into Premiere doesn't seem to work; none of the cuts are present on the timeline.) Everything in Resolve is nicely linked, but regardless of how I export it, Premiere doesn't link the audio and video.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I searched on my own for 3 hours to no avail.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio and Video aren't linked when importing AAF/XML

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a timeline project with many cuts in Resolve that I want to edit in Premiere Pro. When I export from Resolve and import to Premiere Pro, the resulting timeline does not have the audio and video clips linked as they were in Resolve.

The "Linked Selection" button the Premiere timeline is definitely on, and I can manually link a single clip's audio with that clip's video, but doing that for the 100+ clips in the timeline is infeasible. The result is the same regardless of whether I import from AAF or from XML. The audio and video are both coming from a single mp4 file (pic of project attached).

More background in case it is relevant:

I wrote a script to use ffmpeg to process a video file to find start/end times for silence. I take these timecodes and format them as an EDL file that I import into Resolve. (Importing EDL files into Premiere doesn't seem to work; none of the cuts are present on the timeline.) Everything in Resolve is nicely linked, but regardless of how I export it, Premiere doesn't link the audio and video.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I searched on my own for 3 hours to no avail.

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2020 0

Have something to add?