• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and video not staying linked and razor tool not cutting both at the same time.

New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So before I use to be able to take seperate Audio and Video and link them together and use the razor tool to cut them at the same time and they would stay linked but right after I cut it they no longer become linked. They are cutting separate and no longer staying linked. What is going on?? I never changed anything.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the upper left corner of the timeline, toggle the button "Linked Selection" to have Premiere respect the clip link status. Figured it out hahaha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having a similar issue with PP version 14.3.0. I have linked sound recorded seperately to my video clip on my master files but find that I cannot creat a sub clip or do anything with out loosing the linked sound. I have selected and linked the sound and video clips and toggled the linked selection button but nothing seems to work. Has anyone out solved this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean to merge audio and video together and then cut at the same time? If Adobe Premiere can not work well, you might consider its alternative called Joyoshare Video Cutter. It allows merging audio and video together easily as well as cutting at the same time without quality reduction. If you don't mind, you may have a try. You don't have to register. It provides 5-time free use without limits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround - not a perfect solution: Export the clip that you're working on as a different file format, drag the exported file into the timeline. 

I've just had this issue, none of the other suggested solutions in this thread worked. Eventually I realised it was only one clip that wouldn't cut the audio and video together (in this case, an  .MP4, about 4 minutes long, 2.2GB). I exported the clip as a ProRes, dragged the ProRes onto the timeline and it worked perfectly.

Can't believe these same bugs are still happening, years and many versions after they were identified (!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just found a solution that worked for me. You have to toggle the "linked selection" tool (left of magnet icon) BEFORE dropping clips into the sequence. If you toggle it after the clips are already in the sequence, it doens't apply (at least for me it didn't). But when I dragged a new clip into the sequence AFTER I toggled the selection, it worked. Hope this helps someone! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines