• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio and video track disappears suddenly and doesn't even show in edit history

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was editing a video and suddenly i noted that a video clip and a separate audio clip has completely disappeared from the timeline (premiere pro cc18). I traced back every edit in history to see if i deleted them by mistake but nothing showed there. then I took the last resort of reverting the project to the previous state. Then also the said audio and video clips didn't show. I am at wit's end here as to what might have happened. Someone kindly help. In the process I have lost 2 days' work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Look for an auto save or backup

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for an auto save or backup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann Bens! Could find an autosave version that works for me to a large extent. But any idea as to why the clips disappeared altogether? There was absolutely no trace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rakvr  wrote

But any idea as to why the clips disappeared altogether?

I traced back every edit in history to see if i deleted them by mistake but nothing showed there

It may have happened before the first entry.  There are a limited number of items in the history and after that number has been reached, it starts writing over other entries.

I suspect that you somehow either moved, overwrote, or deleted it without noticing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or what also could very well be possible.

The tracks are vertical scrolled and A1 etc are hidden under the center bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that worked for me. Audio was hidden under the scroll bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines