Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Becomes Distorted When Imported into Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem it seems several others have faced, but the solutions that were recommended don't seem to help me.

I had imported a wav file into Audition to edit. Once my edits were complete, I exported the mix down file and then imported it into my Premiere video project. The audio sounds very "tinny" and there's a high-pitched ringing. Figured it was my export settings. Tried again, same result. After several failed attempts, I tried opening the file in After Effects, the audio sounds as it did in Audition with my edits. Same thing when I play the audio using iTunes. So then I tried clicking on the audio file in Premiere and selected "Replace with Audition Comp" and low and behold the ringing and tinniness are gone. But as soon as I go back to Premiere, it sounds like garbage again. My co-worker tried importing the same audio file into their Premiere project, no issue, it sounds as it should. I've been looking through the forums and found that the issue most people have had was solved by adjusting their Audio Hardware settings for their Default Input and Output. My input is set to built-in microphone and the output is set to built-in output, which is what was recommended. For the hell of it, I tried messing around with the other options, and it only muted the audio entirely, or gave me the same results.

I've tried re-booting the program. I've tried re-booting my computer. I've been at this for hours trying to figure out a work around. I tried replacing with an Audition comp, I tried replacing with an After Effects composition. No matter what, the audio sounds fine until I bring it back into Premiere. I haven't had an issue like this before, and I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

I was having the exact same problem, and after months of searching, this is how I have solved the problem by myself, right now by the way Lol. 

1- Check the sample rate on the .wav track you are trying (AKA Framerate - Eg.: 44100hz, or 32000hz etc...)
2- Click Sequence --> Sequence Settings --> Audio --> Sample rate 

3 - Select the sample rate that matches the audio track you are trying to use. 

4- Hit ok and test the track on your sequence. 

Now it sounds crystal clear to me 😉

Hope it helps. 

Rom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro?

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:

Reset a workspace

Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.

1. Do one of the following:
    • Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
    • Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of these fixes seemed to do anything. I tried exporting my entire project to an mp4 just to see if the distortion occurs after exporting, and the audio is fine, no weird ringing. So at this point I'm just going to ignore the distortion in the project file and know that it will sound fine once exported. The rest of my audio in the project file is working, it's just this one particular clip that was imported into the project after everything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that your post is YEARS old, but I'm having this same issue and wondered if you ever found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I purchased a song from envato and it sound great.... Until I import it to premier pro. I've tried everything. I don't know what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your audio hardware set for as far as input and output defaults? Often,. setting input default to "none" fixes PrPro audio issues.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed the distorted audio!!! Thank you Neal!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, following Neil suggestion fixed the audio distortion!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solved your problem? if not go to Edit- Prefrences - Audio Hardware and In default Input section select no Input. 

that worked for me. i hope it will work for you to aswell..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me when nothing else did thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I can't believe it was that simple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me.  Thank you so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2023 Mar 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give this human a medal!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same problem, and after months of searching, this is how I have solved the problem by myself, right now by the way Lol. 

1- Check the sample rate on the .wav track you are trying (AKA Framerate - Eg.: 44100hz, or 32000hz etc...)
2- Click Sequence --> Sequence Settings --> Audio --> Sample rate 

3 - Select the sample rate that matches the audio track you are trying to use. 

4- Hit ok and test the track on your sequence. 

Now it sounds crystal clear to me 😉

Hope it helps. 

Romie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never been happier, thank you for this piece of advice! it was on the wrong sample rate the whole time. Thanks again! Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are literally the best this fixed EVERYTHING 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i know this is years old but im having the same issue except nothing here is working to fix it. My audio in the original file is absolutley fine, importing it into premier pro only makes it go tinny and distorted but the sample rate is the same as the og file, workspace is back at default and reset, input is set to none like suggested. im completely at a loss. When it exports the file too the audio stays tinny so i definately think its something wrong with my premier pro i just cant pin what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the format, Laura? Which camera? Any other details on your system?

Thanks,
Kevn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, format was mp4, no camera involved, was using streamlabs to grab gameplay footage, windows 10 latest version of that and audio file is set to AAC I belive, either that or mp3, but would be set to stereo non the less. I have other videos that will have been created using the exact same setting as this and yet they don't have this audio issue, maybe its a possibility that the file was somehow corrupted during the recording or when it was being saved? But even then if that were true why would the audio be fine on my computers video player but not Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is late, but I was recording game footage in OBS and found that my audio tracks were doubled on import. Once I muted or deleted one, the audio distortion went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just import the same audio in different project file it worked for me 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines