• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Crossfade Issue on Tracks With Audio Effects

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into an issue with audio crossfades. When I use a crossfade on tracks with no audio effects or enhancements there is no problem, but after I clean the audio (remove background noise, enhance vocal dynamics, etc..), crossfades leave distracting artifacts (buzzing, popping, genrally glitchy sounding). Any ideas what's happening here? How do I fix this? Happens across multiple projects...

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs...  

you're applying a whole s**tload of audio effects in app that's primarily a video editing program.  You might consider sending the audio to Audition or to another DAW for this kind of indepth work.   You might also try turning off audio effects one at a time til you can play back without these issues.  You might then nest the audio clip and then try applying the additional effects to the containing

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an additional note:

The artifacts doesn't bake into the export, it is just a problem inside of Premier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried rendering your audio?  also what are your source audio properties and your sequence audio settings.  generally it's not a good idea to work with compressed audio (like mp3's) or audio that's less than 48k 16 bit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio is WAV, so not compressed at all... Rendering the audio does not fix the issue. Like I said, it isn't baked into the export, but it's nearly impossible to fine tune crossfades with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs...  

you're applying a whole s**tload of audio effects in app that's primarily a video editing program.  You might consider sending the audio to Audition or to another DAW for this kind of indepth work.   You might also try turning off audio effects one at a time til you can play back without these issues.  You might then nest the audio clip and then try applying the additional effects to the containing nest...  Just an idea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only added a dialog preset that is in the essential sound presets (Balanced Female Voice). You would think premier could handle a preset built into the program...

windows 10 version 1909

Premiere Pro 2020 CC V 14.5

specs.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be a new bug in 14.5.0, when you add an audio transition between two clips, regardless of which transition and where on the timeline, which tracks, and duration of the transition - that is if you are having the same problem I am all of a sudden after the update. The only way to get clean audio here I've found is to change the position of the transition to 'start at the cut'. Seems to work as expected then. A huge hassle adding extra clicks and time to a tight edit, so hopefully will be fixed soon. Is everyone seeing this same problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely seeing the same problem, and immediately after the last update. I've been adding the same amount of audio effects--even though it's a video editing program--for years without this issue. Also hoping it gets resolved quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately seeing the same problem here. Applied reduce noise and a few enhancements from the essential sound panel. Anywhere a crossfade is applied, a buzzing transition gets created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problum rolling back the softwere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That answer by Michael Grenadier is quite literally the s**test answer I have ever seen on the internet. Tell me your RAM specs indeed. Bulls**t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm just trying to help and although this may not "solve" the problem, it may allow someone to figure out a workaround...  Premiere is a very complex program, and not always easy to diagnose from a distance...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines