Audio Cutting Out (v14.6)

Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have just started having this issue since updating to 14.6, the audio will play for awhile and then randomly cut out even though there should be sound coming through. I have tried restarting premiere/relaunching the project with no success.

System specs:

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @3.60GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair DDR4

Graphics: Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Storage: 2TB internal SSD (although all of my projects I work on are stored on external G-Tech 10TB HDD)

Different drive seems to have done the trick. I forgot that I was editing off a Lacie Rugged travel drive and not my usual G-Tech drives. 

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio Cutting Out (v14.6)

Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have just started having this issue since updating to 14.6, the audio will play for awhile and then randomly cut out even though there should be sound coming through. I have tried restarting premiere/relaunching the project with no success.

System specs:

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @3.60GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair DDR4

Graphics: Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Super

Storage: 2TB internal SSD (although all of my projects I work on are stored on external G-Tech 10TB HDD)

Different drive seems to have done the trick. I forgot that I was editing off a Lacie Rugged travel drive and not my usual G-Tech drives. 

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 07, 2020 0
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually when I have this kind of issue it's because my drive speed is not high enough to support the amount of media I'm trying to pipe through it. I'm not sure where you have your various files stored between your SSD and HDD, but you may want to ensure the cache's are stored on the SSD at the very least.

When I'm working with ProRes or other high bitrate media that bottlenecks my drives (I'm usually working off HDD's) I'll either use proxies to lower the bitrate or create video previews that are lower bitrate and stored locally.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 1
Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I will have to check where the cached files are being stored to. The max read speed of the drive that I am working on is 195MB/s and is connected via usb-c to my CPU so I am having a hard time believing that is the issue, especially since the video isn't skipping at all; it is simply the audio. I was working on this project (same exact storage location and HDD) prior to the 14.6 update and was not having any issues with audio playback so the update seems to be the only common factor.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 08, 2020 0
Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2020 1