Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Distorted

Explorer ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks,

Whenever I start Adobe Premiere (CC 2018), the audio becomes distorted. The audio quality becomes rather "tinny" and loses its low-end. This problem also occurs with Audition CC 2018. Whenever I click out of the program - to go to the browser to play a YouTube clip or something - the audio switches back to optimal quality.

I'm working on Mac oS High Sierra 10.13.2.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Shaun

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

I am running Premiere pro cc 2018 v12.1.1 on MAC OS 10.13.4 and no issues with audio .wav or .mp3.

Check the sound output settings in Mac system preferences and set the Audio Hardware preference of premiere pro to Built-in Output.

Screenshot of my Audio Hardware settings -

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 4.05.44 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shaun,

Sorry for the trouble. It seems like an issue with the default output hardware.

Share a screenshot of Premiere Pro Preferences > Audio Hardware window. Steps: FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if you found a fix for this problem. I have the exact same issue. My mp3 audio would work fine previously. But since the latest premiere update, all audio sounds distorted. I've tried to convert it to a WAV file as many suggest with no luck. This has been a real pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi scatalan08,

Clear the media cache & test. Here are the steps: FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set Input in the Preference/audio hardware to none.

See if that will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue and your suggestion fixed it. Super helpful, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Premiere pro cc 2018 v12.1.1 on MAC OS 10.13.4 and no issues with audio .wav or .mp3.

Check the sound output settings in Mac system preferences and set the Audio Hardware preference of premiere pro to Built-in Output.

Screenshot of my Audio Hardware settings -

Screen Shot 2018-05-29 at 4.05.44 PM.png

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes, I found the problem. I had about the 'Default Input' and 'Default Output' set to my headphones (WH-1000XM2). It was resolved when I set the 'Default Input' back to Built-in Microphone.

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 10.09.10 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines