Highlighted

Audio Distorting at the Beginning of a New Clip with "Dynamics" Audio Effect

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! Looking for some help.

All of sudden, whenever I use the Dynamics (specifically the "Soft Compression" preset) effect on audio in Premiere Pro, it distorts the first couple of frames of audio. I've never run into this issue before so maybe something has changed in Premiere? I also have a 2-frame audio crossfade on the beginning and end of every consecutive clip. I generally use this effect for talking head sequences.

When I turn my compression off, the distortion goes away. The distortion also goes away when I change my fade to "Start at Cut", but neither of these are great long term solutions in my opinion.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a ton!

TOPICS
Audio, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio Distorting at the Beginning of a New Clip with "Dynamics" Audio Effect

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys! Looking for some help.

All of sudden, whenever I use the Dynamics (specifically the "Soft Compression" preset) effect on audio in Premiere Pro, it distorts the first couple of frames of audio. I've never run into this issue before so maybe something has changed in Premiere? I also have a 2-frame audio crossfade on the beginning and end of every consecutive clip. I generally use this effect for talking head sequences.

When I turn my compression off, the distortion goes away. The distortion also goes away when I change my fade to "Start at Cut", but neither of these are great long term solutions in my opinion.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a ton!

TOPICS
Audio, Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently was using the izotope adaptive noise reduction on a clip and had a similar issue.  I'm guessing that the effect your using is context sensitive so if there's not enough "pad" at the beginning of the clip, the effect isn't getting applied properly.   See what happens if you nest the clip and add a second or 2 at the beginning of the clip and apply the effect.  You'll then need to trim the beginning of the nest in the containing sequence.   I may way out of line on this, but worth a shot.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 13, 2020 0