• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio distorts after cutting

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro CC - so everything is updated. But I’ve noticed since the latest update when I cut audio clips, the start of the next clip gets muffled. I've tried nudging around exactly where the cut is but sometimes you need the audio file to start right from the cut, but this is when it sounds the worst. Both constant power and exponential fade do nothing to help the issue. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brittanyb99975917,

Is this happening with all file formats and codecs? What is the source of the files in the project?

What is the exact dot version of the app? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Have you created the project in the same version of the app? Have you tried clearing all old media cache? FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Vidya.

I think it's actually the denoise effect causing the issue. It was only distorted for the audio clips, so I reproduced the problem by applying the DeNoise effect on the music track and cutting it.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CC v 13.0 (Version 13.03 Build 9)

The files are .wav and sourced from my external hard drive.

This has happened in every project and sequence I have created since Premiere Pro upgraded and DeNoiser was replaced with DeNoise.

I have just deleted media cache files and the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that happen, too. I think it's a bug.

Post it here:

Premiere Pro: Hot (4383 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's seriously such a bummer, Peru. Thanks for the link. Have reported it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure this out?? I have the same exact issue on my end. If I remove denoise effect and reexport the muffling is fixed, however the noise which I am trying to eliminate is there. Please advise someone. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue with the Denoise effect. I found a solution on another forum that partially helped - removing the effect from individual clips and applying it to the entire audio track via the audio track mixer. This fixed the problem of muffled sound on cuts. However, I am still having a few seconds of muffled audio at the start of the track when the effect first kicks in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too and it's driving me crazy. It sounds like someone is putting out a cigarette every few seconds in one of my scenes where I'm just trying to get rid of some static noise in the background. I keep playing with the Make Up Gain and the percentage of Denoise I'm using but it doesn't seem to go away. Hopefully there's an update soon because I really need to finish this short film and this audio isn't cutting it as is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a similar workaround as hollyn's, but rather than applying the DeNoise effect to the whole track, I have exported audio only (for just the problem audio) when my project was ready for final export, then brought it back in and replaced the problem audio.  Now, since it's one clip and there are no cuts for the DeNoise effect to mess up on, the effect seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i know im a bit late to the party, but last night i was really struggling with this issue and I am certainly a beginner. i spent hours looking for a way to get rid of the "putting out a cigarette sound" even thought of just accepting it. As a hail mary i decided to remove the denoise from every individual audio clip and exported normally and it worked. I think the denoise is the problem, but like I said i am still a newbie, so i can't be 100% sure. It just worked for me. So i hope you guys have either figured out a way by now, or hope this helps. Just thought i would input my experience because this is the only forum i found even addressing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same issue and it appears I have solved it. In the audio track mixer, I changed it to "read" in the drop down menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This distortion can also appear when you are using the "Dynamics" effect on your clip. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

!! SOLUTION !!

Hello everyone, I recently ran into this problem after updating to the latest version of P-Pro, when I was editing on 2022 version I never ran into this problem. When I edit my clients tutorial footage one of the things I start with is adding the denoise effect to the audio so that when I start cutting all of the footage will still have the effects. But then the areas that were cut will export with this muffledness as described in the original post. 

I found a solution on youtube [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMvdDs8GRjQ ] which is to remove the effect from the audios it is applied to and then aplly the effect through the audio tack mixer by applying it to a specific track/s and then you must just make sure that the only audio on those tracks is only the audio that you want to be denoised. If you do it like this then you will not get that muffled effect when the cuts happen. All props to the guy that made the video, I got the solution from him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*** EASIEST Solution *** For me anyway, after years of Adobe leaving us hanging on this I discovered this way. So, just do your audio editing as usual, making sure to keep the clips you want to DENOISE in their OWN separate track(s). Feel free to apply whatever filters you want at any time—EXCEPT FOR DENOISE! Then, when you are done editing, highlight the track(s) you want to apply Denoise to and then OPTION-C (on Mac) to NEST the noisy clips into their own sequence(s). THEN YES, yay!, you can now apply DENOISE to this Nested Sequence and not get the muffled audio problem. OH by the way, so it STARTS cleanly: Be SURE to leave enough noisy track (2-3 seconds) at the head of the sequence(s) you will Nest to allow the Denoise to lock on before your first important audio!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines