Highlighted

Audio distorts after cutting

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro CC - so everything is updated. But I’ve noticed since the latest update when I cut audio clips, the start of the next clip gets muffled. I've tried nudging around exactly where the cut is but sometimes you need the audio file to start right from the cut, but this is when it sounds the worst. Both constant power and exponential fade do nothing to help the issue. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio distorts after cutting

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premiere Pro CC - so everything is updated. But I’ve noticed since the latest update when I cut audio clips, the start of the next clip gets muffled. I've tried nudging around exactly where the cut is but sometimes you need the audio file to start right from the cut, but this is when it sounds the worst. Both constant power and exponential fade do nothing to help the issue. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 18, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brittanyb99975917,

Is this happening with all file formats and codecs? What is the source of the files in the project?

What is the exact dot version of the app? FAQ: How to find the exact version of Premiere Pro you're using?

Have you created the project in the same version of the app? Have you tried clearing all old media cache? FAQ: How to clean (delete or trash) media cache files?

Thanks,

Vidya

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Vidya.

I think it's actually the denoise effect causing the issue. It was only distorted for the audio clips, so I reproduced the problem by applying the DeNoise effect on the music track and cutting it.

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro CC v 13.0 (Version 13.03 Build 9)

The files are .wav and sourced from my external hard drive.

This has happened in every project and sequence I have created since Premiere Pro upgraded and DeNoiser was replaced with DeNoise.

I have just deleted media cache files and the problem persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had that happen, too. I think it's a bug.

Post it here:

Premiere Pro: Hot (4383 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 1
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's seriously such a bummer, Peru. Thanks for the link. Have reported it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 19, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone figure this out?? I have the same exact issue on my end. If I remove denoise effect and reexport the muffling is fixed, however the noise which I am trying to eliminate is there. Please advise someone. Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue with the Denoise effect. I found a solution on another forum that partially helped - removing the effect from individual clips and applying it to the entire audio track via the audio track mixer. This fixed the problem of muffled sound on cuts. However, I am still having a few seconds of muffled audio at the start of the track when the effect first kicks in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue too and it's driving me crazy. It sounds like someone is putting out a cigarette every few seconds in one of my scenes where I'm just trying to get rid of some static noise in the background. I keep playing with the Make Up Gain and the percentage of Denoise I'm using but it doesn't seem to go away. Hopefully there's an update soon because I really need to finish this short film and this audio isn't cutting it as is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 01, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a similar workaround as hollyn's, but rather than applying the DeNoise effect to the whole track, I have exported audio only (for just the problem audio) when my project was ready for final export, then brought it back in and replaced the problem audio.  Now, since it's one clip and there are no cuts for the DeNoise effect to mess up on, the effect seems to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2019 0