Highlighted

Audio dropping intermittently in timeline

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all-

I just bought a new Macbook Pro yestereday to solve an issue I've had for a while, but the issue is still persisting. When ever I'm working a project with 15+ audio tracks, during playback the audio will jump around, usually cutting in and out of one or two tracks. 

I figured this was because my hardware was too overwhelmed. I had been using an early 2015 Macbook Pro with only 6 GB of RAM able to be alloted to Premiere. So I just unboxed a 2020 Macbook Pro last night,

16 GB of RAM, 

2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7,

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

and I'm devastated this issue persists.

Does anyone know if this is still a hardware issue? I have a project coming up that will have 100+ tracks and I'm worried my system won't be able to handle it.

Any advice is much appreciataed!

Wes

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio dropping intermittently in timeline

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all-

I just bought a new Macbook Pro yestereday to solve an issue I've had for a while, but the issue is still persisting. When ever I'm working a project with 15+ audio tracks, during playback the audio will jump around, usually cutting in and out of one or two tracks. 

I figured this was because my hardware was too overwhelmed. I had been using an early 2015 Macbook Pro with only 6 GB of RAM able to be alloted to Premiere. So I just unboxed a 2020 Macbook Pro last night,

16 GB of RAM, 

2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7,

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

and I'm devastated this issue persists.

Does anyone know if this is still a hardware issue? I have a project coming up that will have 100+ tracks and I'm worried my system won't be able to handle it.

Any advice is much appreciataed!

Wes

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 24, 2020 0

Have something to add?