• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Drops out completely when I export to MP4

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I upgraded to 15.2.0 I have had serious problems with the audio cutting out when I export to mp4. It just cuts out randomly and never comes back. When I look at the sound wave form it suddenly goes silent. I have had this really bite me because I didn't expect it in my workflow and suddenly had a video with no sound right before I was going into a show. 

Now my only fix is to export to prorez 442 and then convert using Hanbrake. Encoder also leaves me with no audio shortly into the video. 

Obviously this is a workaround for now, I would love to be able to depend on my audio being there on the export in the future. 

This is happening on several videos, most recently on a couple I imported after recording them in Ecamm software, which is recording at 24fps to .mov format 1080p. 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mythster,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Are you playing the exported media on a Windows system or on a macOS-based system? Also, have you tried importing the exported mp4 in Premiere Pro & checked if it's playing properly in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sumeet. I'm working on a Mac system. Right now the only solution I've found is to export to 442 and then convert using handbrake. I never had to do that before. 

Also when I have a clip with audio only on the left or right side when I right click and go to channels there is no "Okay" button so I can't save the change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem with Pr 22.0.0 ... everything works fine in the sequence, no audio issues at all.  When I export using the presets Adobe provide for H.264 UHD 4K YouTube I randomly get 5-10 seconds of audio drop out.  

So far the only way I've been able to resolve is to simply do the export again (no changes) and that often resolves it ... this clearly suggests some sort of bug in Pr export process.

Doing a search and I see many users with the exact same problem with exporting to MP4 and random audio drop outs.  I'm happy to supply someone (engineer) my sequence and data and reproducable steps.

Cheers, Rob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use MediaInfo to discover if your footage is variable frame rate (VFR). If it is, converting the video in Handbrake to constant frame rate (CFR) video is the only reliable solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff. I'm doing that now. Seems weird that this is the first time I've had to worry about this and that I have to use the free program Handbrake now to fix my Premiere file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines