Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio effect causing massive lag

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Here's my problem. When i'm adding audio effect to my project (principally Multiband Compressor), it slows my project to the point that i can't even get a playback (it won't play for 30 seconds + after hiting the spacebar). We're talking about a 15 minutes YouTube video, nothing too fancy...

I'm editing 4K footage from a Macbook Pro 2018. And just to be clear, it is NOT caused by the 4K footage. I've worked on multiple similar project with this computer without issues. But as soon as i'm getting into audio editing, the project gets really slow (infinite spinning color wheel, crash, etc.)

Even try to delete the audio effects causes Premiere to crash! The only workaround i've found is to create a duplicate of my sequence completely DELETE the audio tracks from it so i can easily work on color correction.

Am i the only one getting this king of issues? 

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Audio , Crash , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-Premiere-Pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the above! I even tried rendering my sequence without success...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try creating a brand new project, import one of the clips where the issue happens add the effect and see if it happens with a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it. No success. The playback seems a tiny bit faster, but i still have to wait like 5 to 10 seconds before seeing something mooving.

I even tried removing ALL VISUAL from my timeline and my playback is still not working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your but i must say, nothing quite solved my problem. I've now finished working on my project, but i'm keeping it for further testing.

For my last round of modifications, i needed to edit my visual and audio separately (on two differents sequences) and then merge them before the export... a pretty dumb solution, but hey, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I figured out a fix for this which worked for me but might not work in your situation! Once you've cut up all your audio footage, instead of selecting it all and applying the effects, first

Select it all and NEST IT. Then drop the effects into your whole nested audio clip.

It worked for me hopefully it'll work for you and anyone else who might need it. I know it might not work if only some parts need effects but who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines