• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio equipment and recording improvement

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm a Premiere and Audition user and have been creating how-to videos for the past several years. I/we record in a small studio, and use a Rode SmartLav+ that plugs into a Canon M50 to record the videos. The studio has hard floors and surfaces, with a small rug. The issue I'm running into is the reverb is just way overkill in my space. I'm curious, have any of you had any luck in improving the overall quality of audio with Premiere in a way that overcomes reverb in the original audio? I'm using built-in tools like DeReverb and Mastering.. which improves it somewhat, but I'm at the point where I feel like I need to challenge myself to get really great audio, so I feel like my options are.. 

1. Put sound-dampening pieces in my studio, like a moving blanket on the floor. 
  2. Find a different mic. Open to something else, it's just that the lav mic is super convenient with the type of things we are recording. Maybe a better quality lav mic? 
  3. Find a different set of audio-editing tools, or just get a whole lot more granular with Premiere tools and find the right mix to counter my audio reverb. 

What are your thoughts? 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of your ideas are excellent and are what I would have recommended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You say you've been recording videos for several years. If that's the case, then it's time to focus of improving your sound at the source rather than trying to fix it later. 

Get rid of the reverb in your studio. It will make your productions instantly more professional.

Better mic - yes ... but reducing studio reverb on-site comes first!

One of the best DeReverb filters is from Izotope, but it's pricey, DeReverb filters should only be used as a 'last resort' not as a regular requirement 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines