Audio Error - Audio is replaced with intense white noise

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after I  begin to play my clip in the sequence, intense white noise takes over the track. It is not an issue with the original file because it works fine on my coworker's computer. Also, the waveform audio doesn't show solid noise, you can still see the flow of the interview in the audio waveform. 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled premiere (and all my Adobe apps) and have reset all my settings to default.

I am working off of a 2017 iMAC version 10.15.7, though I have had this issue on my home computer as well. My coworker is running a slightly older version of premiere and I am running 15.2. 

Here is a link to a video of the error occurring.

Video of Error 

Thank you all!

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021
Hi Zagmarth, We're sorry about the poor experience. We're working on a similar issue that has been addressed in one of our Beta builds. You may install the latest Beta build from the Creative Cloud Desktop app to check if it's working properly. Please refer to this link to know more about Creative Cloud Beta. Thanks, Sumeet

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Recording is showing at audio is usign Ch4. Does your audio have multiple channels ? and what if you play the video & audio in the Source monitor of Premiere pro does it play fine?

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vishu, thank you for the reply!

To answer your questions, yes this audio has 4 channels. I went ahead and isolated each channel to double check and the white noise is on every channel. 

The white noise also occurs in the source monitor as well.

Also, since my first post I have started new projects and imported older projects with different video files just to check and the white noise occurred on them as well. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to my last reply, I just found something else that may help. 

The white noise didn't happen when I put in an MP4 video file. It seems to only do it on the MXF files that I use. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zagmarth,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're working on a similar issue that has been addressed in one of our Beta builds. You may install the latest Beta build from the Creative Cloud Desktop app to check if it's working properly. Please refer to this link to know more about Creative Cloud Beta.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Sumeet,

The issue did not occur on the beta version of Premiere. I also installed an older version of premiere (14.8) and the audio error did not occur there either. My coworker is also running an older version of premiere so that would explain why he didn't have an issue. 

Would you recommend that I work off of the Beta build or the older version for the time being?

Thank you,

Scott

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines