Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio filter offline (volume)

Participant ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

During the last couple of weeks I have had this AMAZINGLY ANNOYING error when opening a completely DEF-mixed Premiere project: all individual audio clip levels on my timeline(s) are reset to zero and when I select a clip the effect controls panel reports the VOLUME as MISSING or OFFLINE. This is the standard clip volume that every clip one inserts on the timeline normally has.

How can I get these 'plugins', that are not even real plugins, back? The values I created by correcting the clip volume levels are still there in the effect control panel, but they are IGNORED as the possibility for volume change is..."OFFLINE". Very very very weird and SUPER annoying bug, especially when you're racing against a deadline with an over 200 bloodpressure client breathing dragon's breath down your sweating neck. Adobe, how is this possible and NOWHERE to be found in any forum on the ENTIRE internet? Why do I always have problems no-one else has?

There might be a link with the Behringer X-Touch that I use for Audio Track Mixer controlling. Strange thing is that track mixes are flawlessly saved, but the Audio Clip Mixer, which I do not control with the X-Touch, is totally destroyed and deleted.

Any help appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

I bumped into another interesting aspect of this volume plug-in bug recently: It seems to affect ONLY the audio tracks that contain both mono and stereo clips. This unwishful situation came to being after inporting an FCP edit list, translated XML that is. The translation works fine in terms of in- and outpoints and a video dissolve here and there, the rest of it is utter crap and one of the most seriously troubling side effects seems to be the creation of mono audio tracks with both mono AND st

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem Lewiz! I have two mono tracks on my timeline, one left, one right, and the left is now missing the volume effect, saying it's offline. This makes it literally impossible to change the volume of my clips that are affected by this bug. This is a HUGE no-no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not heard of this before, sounds incredibly maddening.

Have you tried deleting all cache/media cache database and audio preview files? Then reboot, launch Premiere, and give it a few minutes to recreate things. Any corruption in there could cause something like this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil,

Sorry for my delayed reply. I never got a notification someone posted a suggestion.

I tried deleting cache, preview files, reboot etc. but to no avail. Any ideas left?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, no. That's really bizarre behavior there. And would mangle a project, yea.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bumped into another interesting aspect of this volume plug-in bug recently: It seems to affect ONLY the audio tracks that contain both mono and stereo clips. This unwishful situation came to being after inporting an FCP edit list, translated XML that is. The translation works fine in terms of in- and outpoints and a video dissolve here and there, the rest of it is utter crap and one of the most seriously troubling side effects seems to be the creation of mono audio tracks with both mono AND stereo audioclips on them. This brings in a sudden logic for possible mono/stereo plugin conflicts on an audio track, so I guess I found the solution to my problem myself. Next time I get an edit list like that, I'll first see to my audio channels and correct them if necessary and only THEN will I adjust levels on clips and see if they are saved (and therefore will re-open) properly the next time I open the project. I'll post my findings back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ouch ... that's a nasty situation to step into. Yea, sorting audio before adding it to any sequence is sometimes absolutlely necessary. Especially when there's a plethora of audio types been added into a project.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines