Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio filters become null when switching between computers

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I work for a small production company wherein I am in charge of the final audio mix for just about everything that we send out. As we're working on multiple machines and some of us from home, we regularly trade projects back and forth.

I have noticed a bug on some occasions where when one of my projects is opened on another computer, all of the audio filters I've applied become null.

Here is a screen shot of the filters working properly:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 12.21.09 PM.png

And here is what happens after a transfer:

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 12.20.19 PM.png

To fix this, I must go through every filter on every clip, and reset the channel routing, or manually set from "none" to "1":

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 12.21.47 PM.png

I don't have enough information to concluce why this is happening sometimes and not others, but I suspect it's a case of opening projects between operating systems. We all use Mac in the office, and the first time I noticed the issue was a coworker opening the project on a Big Sur computer, after having done the work on a Catalina. Since then it seems predictable that switching between other OS, like Mojave, will also produce this bug.

I searched through message boards, even Adobe's help center, and found nothing on any of this. Why do audio filters even have this re-map option? How do I counteract this bug so that my work doesn't become a tedious mess when switching between computers?

The option of exporting audio separately isn't a viable solution, because our projects often require revisions even after the supposedly final version.

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?