Audio gets muddy when dragging into sequence

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to PP 2020 (v14) whenever I drag any music into my sequence it becomes distorted and a bit muddy. It's like it is being compressed somehow. The levels are always -6db and it just, for lack of a better term, sounds like crap.

The only way I have been able to work around this is to right-click on the audio track itself and make a new sequence from there - once I do that the audio sounds just like the original track that is in the source monitor.

Anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio gets muddy when dragging into sequence

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated to PP 2020 (v14) whenever I drag any music into my sequence it becomes distorted and a bit muddy. It's like it is being compressed somehow. The levels are always -6db and it just, for lack of a better term, sounds like crap.

The only way I have been able to work around this is to right-click on the audio track itself and make a new sequence from there - once I do that the audio sounds just like the original track that is in the source monitor.

Anyone else have this issue?

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of audio files are these, James. AIFF, WAV? If .MP3, please avoid those and use uncompressed files if you can. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesnt matter if it's WAV, AIFF or MP3, they all do the same thing.

Just to note, they sound perfectly fine in the source monitor, they only get crushed when I drag them into an already made sequence.

And it did work fine before the update, which makes me think it is a prefrence issue or something. I had to trash my prefrences for Photoshop and Illustrator after I got those updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0