Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Hardware best settings

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm new to PP and I intend to create a short movie compiling clips from old films on which I'll be adding some music I made.

I simply want to have some advice concerning the configuration of the Audio Hardware Preferences. 
I have a Fireface 400 soundcard so I chose ASIO over MME for less latency. As for buffersize I know that a large amount increases latency but makes it easier for the computer to process and vice et versa. I set it to 512, the lowest I can get without having destroyed audio.
I'm worried though because I don't know much about how latency works in PP, and if the syncronization between video and audio will be the same while editing and in the exported video. That project will be based on multiple cuts "playing" with the music and I want to make sure I have the best config to make it as easy as possible.
So apart from the buffer size, is there anything else to take care of ? Would you guys have some advice to keep the latency as low as possible ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?