• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Hardware Changes in Premiere Pro CC2015

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to have been some big changes in the Audio Hardware preferences in the jump from CC 2014 to CC 2015.

I am using Premiere on a MacPro. In CC 2014, under Audio Hardware, there is an ASIO Hardware section where I was able to set the Adobe Desktop Audio to "System Default Input/Output." This was perfect because if I changed my system output from headphones to line out, Premiere would follow suit.

In CC 2015, that option has disappeared. There is a  Device Class dropdown, but the only option I'm given is "CoreAudio." In the default input and output options below there is no option to respect the system's input/output. Therefore, even if I have changed my system output to be line out, Premiere continues to just use the headphone output.

Is it possible to get that old functionality in CC 2015? Am I just missing it somewhere? In the help documents for 2015, it seems to suggest ASIO hardware options are only available for Windows and CoreAudio only for Mac. Why is this the case? It was available in 2014. I would appreciate any insight or help in this matter.

Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 9.15.51 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-07-02 at 9.16.26 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

This was finally addressed in the 14.2 update. Only took 5 years to get it done, but better late than never!

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33897754-fix-the-default-audio-output-for-imac-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Is there a way to create a shortcut to audio hardware preferences? I do this 7 to 10 times per day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sethe45774962 Yes--and that is exactly what I've done in the three years since this change was introduced.

If you go into your keyboard shortcuts (Premiere Pro > Keyboard Shortcuts...), under Preferences you can select the Audio Hardware panel and give it a keyboard shortcut.

Screen Shot 2018-07-19 at 9.44.04 AM.png

This is my procedure anytime I need to switch between external speakers and headphones:

• Option+click on the Mac OS volume icon in the toolbar to change the output device;
  • Press my keyboard shortcut for the audio hardware preferences (in my case, F16);
  • Change the default output and choose OK

It's not as simple as it should be (considering it used to function as desired), but it doesn't feel like it is going to be addressed anytime soon... so it's currently the easiest solution I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 3 years in and nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Please vote here to convey this bug to Adobe's technicians. It takes less than a minute.

Fix the Default audio output for iMac Pro – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We actually need people to vote HERE to raise this issue to a higher priority. The fact is, until people up vote this feature request, it won't be addressed.

Bring back System Default Input/Output in Audio Hardware! – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading through this thread infuriates me. I have always thought maybe my setup is just too exotic and nobody would constantly switch audio devices like I do. Apparently I'm wrong: it's not just me, and it actually used to be supported. The way your representatives threw customers around in an endless loop of corporate frustation in this thread is disgusting to say the least. It is now 2019, four whole years later after the problem was initially raised and the same bloody problem is still there. Gladly my workplace paid for the (jaw-droppingly expensive btw) licence because I'm not paying a penny to a company that refuses to respond to such a simple feature restoration request.

Dear Adobe, what do you mean by "it's usually a question of manpower/bandwidth, etc. We don't have endless resources, unfortunately"? Wallmart resolves complaints better than this; Minecraft fixes bugs more actively than you do. You are paid thousands of US dollars each customer annually and you're telling me you can't add back a "default" option in four years? This is inacceptable.

And dear Kevin, what do you mean by "I am interested in pushing this issue forward. I hope we can make progress soon"? Your customers are interested in pushing forward; your customers hope to make progress. It's your job to make sure those hopes and interests are carried out. You sound like the classic condescending corporate PR manager who apologises all day and does nothing in the end. Can we see less talking and more action please? From you and from Adobe in general. Thank you.

Regards,

A very unimpressed user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this! It's a huge waste of time to manual switch every time. I have already voted on the other forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently struggling with this! 

Has anyone found a solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was finally addressed in the 14.2 update. Only took 5 years to get it done, but better late than never!

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33897754-fix-the-default-au...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines