Highlighted

Audio Horribly Distorted on import

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a video clip with audio embedded, from Photo Booth app. The source audio is from a Logic Pro session (playalong style), and sounds absolutely fine in the video clip when played in any player. But when imported into Premiere, it sounds horribly clipped. I would guess Premiere is doing something funny with the stereo image, maybe combining it into a mono signal that is too hot. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio Horribly Distorted on import

Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got a video clip with audio embedded, from Photo Booth app. The source audio is from a Logic Pro session (playalong style), and sounds absolutely fine in the video clip when played in any player. But when imported into Premiere, it sounds horribly clipped. I would guess Premiere is doing something funny with the stereo image, maybe combining it into a mono signal that is too hot. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 27, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of file is it.

Convert with Handbrake before bringing it into Premiere.

Make sure the audio hardware input in the Preference is set to none.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble !

Please try what ann bens said and if it doesn't work share with us a screenshot of Premiere Pro Preferences > Audio Hardware window

Thanks,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 27, 2020 0