• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio in timeline and final export wildly different

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with some clips that had fan noise, so I used Essential Sound to denoise them. I tweaked settings and got them sounding good in the edit timeline, but on final export, they sound terrible. Volume goes up and down, EQ varies across the same clip, it's like the settings are being applied completely differently on export than in the timeline. Any suggestions other than avoiding Essential Sound and doing destructive filtering in Audition?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you exporting directly from PPro or through Media Encoder? Do you get identical results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried both, having problems both ways. Am using the H.264 Vimeo 1080 p present, but also tried DNx with the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually, I use the Audio Track Mixer to apply any audio effects instead of the Essential Sound Panel. Just my workflow and personal preference I guess.

Inside the Audio Track Mixer you can twirl down the little arrow in the top left corner to show the effects and sends. In it, you can add a whole range of effects, either per track or on the Master. Under Noise Reduction/Restoration you'll find a Denoise effect.

Give it a try. Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thx, That's how I've normally done it for years - saw a tutorial on E.S. and thought it sounded pretty great. Maybe it's too good to be true. I set up another timeline using the effects on the audio track mixer and cleared all the Essential Sound settings. I'm still getting some weird differences in the output, but not as bad as with Essential Sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines