• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio in Timeline dropping out, but is fine in source window.

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this all over the community but nothing have been really able to help. 

I have a timeline where I can hear only a moment of audio then is cuts out. The audio is on an M.2 drive so I know read speed isn't the issue. It plays fine in the source window, but only a moment in the time line. If i pause it and start it again from the paused location I get another moment but nuver much. I render and replace I get the same thing. I see this in the properties but I don't know that is makes a difference:

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24-bit - Mono
Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Mono

I've got three project on deck and need some help.

Windows 10 home

Premiere pro 15.0

32 GB ram

AMD Ryen 1950x

Radeon vega 56 

Kontakt audio 6 sound module

Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there,

did you try removing the audio and then adding it back on the timeline?

Could you have lowered the volume by accident or added keyframes to the audio? Applied audio properties?

Or try rebooting Premiere and holding down Command+Option+Shift to clear preferences and cache and see if that helps?

hope its resolved soon.

best,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone as far as stating a brand new project and importing one take and it's accompanying sound.

It's still dropping the sound after just a few moments 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes I would definitely try clearing the preferences, updating the app if possible... and then try again.

And perhaps try with a different audio file to make sure the audio is not the issue.

This is basic stuff so of course it should work. Removing preferences should work!

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines