• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio is fine on raw footage but not on export to MOV

New Here ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help?  Audio if fine on raw footage, but when exported to MOV and played on QuickTime, audio is not matching the people who are speaking.  

TOPICS
Audio , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the audio playing correctly in the timeline of your finished edit, and it's only wrong in the output -- is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response!  That is correct.  I did an export that did not go to the external hard drive.  It went to computer file folder Docs>Adobe>Premiere>15>MOV and it looked great.  Copied it to external hard drive and audio did not match subject's lips.  Took the raw footage to school today and was able to compress the raw footage, import to Final Cut and export. (not MOV)  Audio looked good.  School doesn't use Premiere.  May have to look into Final Cut purchase.  Was on phone with Adobe but they said Adobe isn't congruent with the Apple M1 mini yet & referred me to Premier Pro Beta.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I'm trying to follow what's happening here. You're saying that:

• The video plays back fine when you save it to your internal hard drive, but not when you save it to an external drive.
  • The issue is that the audio is OUT OF SYNC, correct? That the person speaking is correct but the audio is not in sync with the lip movements.

What format are you exporting your video to? I'm afraid .MOV isn't specifc enough; that's just a wrapper. You selected Quicktime and then what preset? How big is your video (4K, HD, etc.)? And did you change any of the settings in the Video or Audio tabs after selecting the preset?

To me it seems like your extenral drive might be the issue. What kind of drive is it and how is it connected to your Mac? It's possible that it's too slow to play back the format without issues. 

And yes, if you're using an M1 Mac they are fully supported in the latest Beta (which you can download from Creative Cloud). The public version (15.2 as of today) works in emulation mode on M1s but performance is not as good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines