Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio issue

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm importing a MP4 video into Premiere Pro and experiencing some strange audio issues. The video plays fine on Windows Media Player, however in Premiere Pro the audio glitches continuously (like it's skipping ahead) and halfway through the clip the audio gradually fades out and never returns. This fade out is even shown in the waveform. There are no issues with the picture.

I'm really stumped as to why Premiere Pro is interpreting the audio this way. The file and timeline have the same frame rate and the codec is H.264.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paulb47656008,

Sorry about this weird issue. What is the exact version of Premiere Pro (check in the help menu)?

What is the source of your media? Is this issue specific to a media type?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kulpreet,

I'm on V12.0.0 (Build 224).

This is the only file that has this problem. Other MP4 files from the same source that have no issues.

My best guess is that the audio is being compressed in the timeline and the fade out that occurs halfway through the clip is supposed to be at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

• Update Premiere Pro and clean the Media Cache.
  • Re-import your media.
  • Let us know the status.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done as requested and unfortunately the problem is still occuring.

Hi Jim -  the clip is a completed video that I'm bookending with extra material. I suppose it could be corrupted in some way, but it's strange that it plays fine on WMP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're better off going back to the original project and adding the bookends there.  That will not only solve this issue, but keep the quality at it's best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What make and model camera was used to record the footage?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines