• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Issues in Premiere

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if someone might be able to shed some light on this issue I am having.

It started when I brought footage in from a newly purchased C300 MKIII. I have never run into this issue prior to this so I am not sure what is going on. I know Premiere relatively well but I am by no means an expert. 

When I first brought the interview onto a timeline I noticed that all three channels were in fact the same audio channel. Just three of the same on different tracks. The issue is, all three channels were recorded at different levels. I can see them all when I view them in a source window. I just can't get them all onto the timeline. I do know this has something to do with Source Patching maybe? The thing is, I can only eery select one. It now doesn't allow me to select several. But I can toggle on several tracks at a time. I know this is a setting somewhere I just can't find it. 

Another issue, and I am sure this is related, is that the different audio channels sound a bit different on different tracks. For instance, I am working with one track that I have added a couple of filters to and when I have it on track 2 it sounds different when I drag it up to track 1. I think I may need to change what type of track it is yes? If so, where might I do this?

One more thing. When I recorded this particular interview on the C300 MKIII I captured the audio with one lav mic into two channels plus a 3 virtual channel. Everything was fine on the meters, which were all set a little differently for safety, and no distortion that I could hear in the headphones. Yet, when I brought the file into Premiere, all channels have a slight bit of clipping. WHich I have attached. You can see that the waveform is flattened out midway. When you zoom in it looks a little better but some of the dialogue clips. Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts on what it might be? Is it an issue in the camera or how Premiere is seeing these files?

Sorry for so much but hopefully someone can help.

Darcy

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?