• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio keyframe linear interpolation changed

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why on earth someone would make this change, but the audio keyframe interpolation is no longer straight when in linear mode in version 14.6.0 Build S1. 

WeTheSqueemish_0-1606249627993.png

There's a bump to the curve now, unlike the previous version. I'm trying to do actual linear fades and it's driving me crazy. Both the keyframes are set to linear.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Confirmed bug!

Workaround: save, close project, reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

I got on a chat with an Adobe representative.

The official solution? Install version 14.4 and avoid updating 😄

So solved-ish, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the second key frame is there a handle that you can bend to straighten the line?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can ctrl drag one out, then fiddle for ages to make it straight. This seems highly unintuitive though since I have them set to linear, so they should be straight regardless.

It's not just this clip either, it seems to be the new default. 

I have clips in my timeline that were put in the previous Premiere version and they're perfectly straight. It's something new that's been changed in this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to only be happening when I drag in a new audio clip and add keyframes, clips that were already in there from the old premiere version are working as expected when I add new keyframes. Odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed bug!

Workaround: save, close project, reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know right? But it doesn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered this issue today too. I've been editing with adobe premiere for more than 20 years. Never had this issue before. Hope they fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that the CTRL+SHIFT+D constant power fade also curves now and drops off quickly near the end of the transition. It used to be a quick way to get a linear fade to silence, but it's broken too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. For me save, close project, close premiere and then reopen everythign fixes it. Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me. Problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got on a chat with an Adobe representative.

The official solution? Install version 14.4 and avoid updating 😄

So solved-ish, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been triggering me all night long, they need to change this back. Hope its just a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just glad to know this is a known issue and not me losing my mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is f-ing ridiculous, why on earth would they even mess with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just add some detail to this. I think I have the same problem. It has appeared, disappeared and reappeared since updating to 14.7.0. Sometimes relaunching Premiere works, sometimes it doesn't. Hard to spot a pattern.

Sharing screenshots here for info. In this case it is a track keyframe, but I've seen this on clip keyframes also (I've only had this issue with audio volume BTW). In the screenshots: the Volume rubber band is flat (but there are keyframes applied elsewhere in the track). I click on the rubber band with the Pen tool to add a keyframe and it throws the volume wildly off. By default, the keyframe type is set to Bezier but as you can see when I switch it to others (e.g. Linear) the behaviour is still wrong). Adding further keyframes doesn't help.

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 12.26.21.pngScreenshot 2020-12-31 at 12.26.38.pngScreenshot 2020-12-31 at 12.27.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save, close project, reopen will set the keyframes correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help but that didn't seem to work. Or at least, if I undid the keyframes, then saved, closed and reponed and added the keyframes again, the problem persisted. In the end I just made them all linear and it started behaving. Not really a fix but sufficient this time round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you add the keyframes first then save, close and reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this was a new feature and couldn't figure out how to change it! Been editing in Premiere for 18 years and never ceases to amaze me how they break the most random things. I hope they fix this asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been fixed in 14.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm. It is fixed in 14.7. This caused a lot of headache for my me and my clients over the past month or two. 🤦‍:male_sign: Adobe, you need to jump on this quicker when something like this nearly breaks the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines