Audio keyframe linear interpolation changed

Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why on earth someone would make this change, but the audio keyframe interpolation is no longer straight when in linear mode in version 14.6.0 Build S1. 

WeTheSqueemish_0-1606249627993.png

There's a bump to the curve now, unlike the previous version. I'm trying to do actual linear fades and it's driving me crazy. Both the keyframes are set to linear.

I got on a chat with an Adobe representative.

The official solution? Install version 14.4 and avoid updating 😄

So solved-ish, I guess.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio keyframe linear interpolation changed

Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why on earth someone would make this change, but the audio keyframe interpolation is no longer straight when in linear mode in version 14.6.0 Build S1. 

WeTheSqueemish_0-1606249627993.png

There's a bump to the curve now, unlike the previous version. I'm trying to do actual linear fades and it's driving me crazy. Both the keyframes are set to linear.

So solved-ish, I guess.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 24, 2020 3
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the second key frame is there a handle that you can bend to straighten the line?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can ctrl drag one out, then fiddle for ages to make it straight. This seems highly unintuitive though since I have them set to linear, so they should be straight regardless.

It's not just this clip either, it seems to be the new default. 

I have clips in my timeline that were put in the previous Premiere version and they're perfectly straight. It's something new that's been changed in this version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to only be happening when I drag in a new audio clip and add keyframes, clips that were already in there from the old premiere version are working as expected when I add new keyframes. Odd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed bug!

Workaround: save, close project, reopen.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 1
Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, that didn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know right? But it doesn't

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered this issue today too. I've been editing with adobe premiere for more than 20 years. Never had this issue before. Hope they fix it soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that the CTRL+SHIFT+D constant power fade also curves now and drops off quickly near the end of the transition. It used to be a quick way to get a linear fade to silence, but it's broken too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. For me save, close project, close premiere and then reopen everythign fixes it. Thanks Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 0
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not for me. Problem persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 0
Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So solved-ish, I guess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2020 2
Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been triggering me all night long, they need to change this back. Hope its just a bug.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2020 2