• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Keyframes Automatically Curving in Premiere??

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

New to the forum here, but couldn’t find anything else about this. I’ve got a weird problem in Premiere and can’t for the life of me figure out how to fix it.

I’m using keyframes to adjust audio levels in a timeline, but when I start to move the keyframe up or down, Premiere is automatically “curving” my levels. If I command click the key frame, I get bezier handles (as I would expect). Command click again to remove the handles and the curve remains. When I right click the keyframe, it says it is linear, but it sure doesn’t look that way to me. I haven’t seen this in my 5 years of using Premiere and it’s driving me nuts.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts!

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Known issue for 14.6.

Save, close and reopen project as a workaround or revert to previous version.

and

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known issue for 14.6.

Save, close and reopen project as a workaround or revert to previous version.

and

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted. Thank you Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution, this is still present...i have the latest version of PP. It was never fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct. Same problem here. Adding curves should not be the default behavior when I move a point down.

I understand I can manually convert each point back to linear and make sure it didn't mess with anything else, but this... isn't good. If I want it curved, I'll make it curved, otherwise it should be assumed to be linear. 

Seriously Adobe.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Know bug being worked on, with numerous threads here. Save, close, reopen the project should give a temporary fix.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several writings to Adobe, this issue is still showing in the latest version of Premiere Pro. I just sended TV Show with 10s of VO silent. It is annoying that i need to watch the whole render everytime i change something small in the video.

Adobe what is happening! Fix this already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting a removal of keyframes? If not, yours is a different issue.

This particular bug got fixed long ago. I suspect you are having a different issue ... so I would suggest starting a new thread with full details of exactly what happens when to what media with what effects applied. We'll all hop in and try to solve it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am geting the same as the author if this thread, "Premiere is automatically “curving” my levels". it is not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, it is different issue, i apologize. I was reading to fast everything.

I made new thread

Kind Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines