• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Keyframes bezier handles being automatically changed for the worse

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Couldn't find anything on this in the forums or elswhere so I'm pretty sure I need to change a setting somewhere but:

I'm using the pen tool to create keyframes in my music track lower and raise it around the Talking Head bits. I've been using the Ease In an Ease Out presets to create a bezier curve for those changes. However, sometimes when I export or when I reopen the project, many of the bezier handles are changed to the extreme which takes the volume line all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom.  Is this a bug or is it something I can fix in settings or something?

Thanks.

Premiere Pro 14.4.0

[Moderator note: this has persisted and is clearly still affecting users. Moved to Bug section of forum.]

iMac Retina 5k running OSX 10.15.6

3.6Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9

32GB Ram

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
19 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried simply using the Ducking in the Essential Sound panel?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't but I haven't had much luck with other automatic functionality. Fixing all the errors always seems to take more time than it's worth.  I'll try it on my next video but I'd like to figure this problem out so I know how to deal with it in the future.

H

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ducking works ok now, though it would be nice as far as I'm concerned to be able to have finer controls over the "slope" of the duck & the shape of the ends of the duck. They have "Sensitivity" which sets the level of sound of the ducked-against channel that the ducking occurs, Duck Amount for the amount the ducked channel ducks, and Fades to set the in/out width of the duck.

Also ... when you tell it to 'generate keyframes', those keyframes appear in the ECP ... so you can simply move them about as you wish, delete some, whatever.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I tried audio ducking but it wasn't really what I was hoping for or at least I need to figure it out. And I'm still getting the problem specifically with "ease out" handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this exact same problem and this is literally the only post I could find anywhere mentioning it. 

Every single time I've been closing Adobe Premiere 2021 and open it back up, it sends almost all of my bezier curves on the audio connector line to the min/max. I would love to figure out what's going on, but I haven't been able to find anything online about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get exactly the same problems on a PC. Latest PP version. i9 32 gb ram NVIDIARTX 2070

In the working project the eased audio keyframes are fine. I export the video and the audio goes extremely loud at each keyframe. I re open the project and the audio levels have changed - by a ghost in the machine - to the highest peaks?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a bug and deserves to be reported to Adobe.

Please keep in mind that this community is mostly managed by Adobe Creative Professionals - people just like you who chime in their time to help out others. Only occasionally will Adobe Employees join in.

To file a bug report, please (also) use the Help > Provide feedback feature in PPro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for at least a couple years here.  Very frustrating.  I'll file a bug report.  Everyone else please do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't expience this isssue in version 22.6.2 on either Mac or Windows. What version are you using @weccleston?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version, and every version over the last couple of years.  I'm on a Mac, but it has been noted as an issue on Windows as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, some users are getting this, which would be a ROYAL pita, no doubt. But it's a pretty rare thing, so running it down has to also be a royal pita.

Go over to their Premiere Pro UserVoice system, and search for this. Both comment on and upvote what you find, or make a new post.

And do so with great details on your system, media, effects used, maybe even other apps that migh be open at the same time ... anything that might be of use.

I've talked with the engineers that do the manual log-in of every frickin' UV post. Their chief complaint ... no nearly enough detail. "X is broke, fix it" is all too common, and is totally useless.

As ... if X ain't broke on any system they have access to, how are they supposed to be able to puzzle out why it's broke on some nearly imaginary system out there?

And thanks for posting, of course. We all need to know about these things.

But also ... post back any links you find.

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear. I'm managing mutiple workstations here for a tournament and none have this issue. Can you share some steps to reproduce?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that is required, for me and apparently some others, is adding a bezier curve to an audio keyframe, closing the project, and reopening.  Not sure if it also requires quitting Premiere or not.  Basically, it makes bezier curves on audio more trouble than they're worth, as you have to reset them every time you open the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same issue on 23.1 Kind of a horrendous bug tbh, as it will necessitate a round trip to Audition for everything, whereas PP used to be able to handle a simple mix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got this exact same problem and it is really frustrating! I guess I can't use bezier curves anymore 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted bump this issue and request a fix or answer aswell, I'm newer to using Premiere and this is becoming a bit of nightmare for me as I'm editing Audio levels for weekly videos on a tight schedule which are an hour long and autosaves are useless. My audio levels were fine  then when i close and re-open the files or any autosaves i get this

image.png
If this is on unfixed ongoing issue I might have to stop using Adobe Premiere as I don't have the fund to pay for audition as well just to edit an hour of audio every week at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I would try with any heavy audio work ... is 'send to Adobe Audition'. That's an app built from the ground up for audio work, and to me is much better and faster for this sort of thing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do plan on eventually learning audition, although it is only 2-3 hours of my 15 hours of video editing work per week. Also with our budget at the moment I'd rather use an extra £30 a month on something else rather than deal with issues that should not be occuring in the first place.

If anyone is looking to recreate the issue, simply open up an audio layer keyframe levels and crtl click and add a lot of keyframes across a timeline. Its so commonly breaking that when i went to fix the curves and add some more keyframes my fixes also broke as well.

I get with a live service model and regular updates you gonna have bugs but an easy to recreate major issue like this shouldn't really be occuring 2-3 years later. When I had any major issues with After Effects and Photoshop for work in the past you could usually just revert back a few versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This bug is still occuring for me too. No bueno

Votes

Translate

Translate