Highlighted

Audio Keyframes bezier handles being automatically changed for the worse

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Couldn't find anything on this in the forums or elswhere so I'm pretty sure I need to change a setting somewhere but:

I'm using the pen tool to create keyframes in my music track lower and raise it around the Talking Head bits. I've been using the Ease In an Ease Out presets to create a bezier curve for those changes. However, sometimes when I export or when I reopen the project, many of the bezier handles are changed to the extreme which takes the volume line all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom.  Is this a bug or is it something I can fix in settings or something?

Thanks.

Premiere Pro 14.4.0

iMac Retina 5k running OSX 10.15.6

3.6Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9

32GB Ram

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio Keyframes bezier handles being automatically changed for the worse

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Couldn't find anything on this in the forums or elswhere so I'm pretty sure I need to change a setting somewhere but:

I'm using the pen tool to create keyframes in my music track lower and raise it around the Talking Head bits. I've been using the Ease In an Ease Out presets to create a bezier curve for those changes. However, sometimes when I export or when I reopen the project, many of the bezier handles are changed to the extreme which takes the volume line all the way to the top or all the way to the bottom.  Is this a bug or is it something I can fix in settings or something?

Thanks.

Premiere Pro 14.4.0

iMac Retina 5k running OSX 10.15.6

3.6Ghz 8-core Intel Core i9

32GB Ram

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried simply using the Ducking in the Essential Sound panel?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't but I haven't had much luck with other automatic functionality. Fixing all the errors always seems to take more time than it's worth.  I'll try it on my next video but I'd like to figure this problem out so I know how to deal with it in the future.

H

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ducking works ok now, though it would be nice as far as I'm concerned to be able to have finer controls over the "slope" of the duck & the shape of the ends of the duck. They have "Sensitivity" which sets the level of sound of the ducked-against channel that the ducking occurs, Duck Amount for the amount the ducked channel ducks, and Fades to set the in/out width of the duck.

Also ... when you tell it to 'generate keyframes', those keyframes appear in the ECP ... so you can simply move them about as you wish, delete some, whatever.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I tried audio ducking but it wasn't really what I was hoping for or at least I need to figure it out. And I'm still getting the problem specifically with "ease out" handles.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 16, 2020 0