Highlighted

Audio levels louder than the original file.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook pro running MacOS 10.15.5 and adobe premiere 14.3.0

When I bring in an audio file into premiere it plays back at much higher levels than the original file. When I render the video, the audio is at these higher levels.

I've checked the file in audition (13.0.7.38) and the levels on the original file are correct.

If I right click on the audio file in premiere and select audio gain, I see at the bottom of that pop-up window something that says, "Peak amplitude: -13.5 dB" (It's different for each file).

If I adjust the gain by that value, it sounds correct.

I never had to adjust this before. Is there a setting to bypass these adjustments? Can I be sure that this adjustment matches the true levels that the audio engineer had set?

Thanks

Topics

Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio levels louder than the original file.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a Macbook pro running MacOS 10.15.5 and adobe premiere 14.3.0

When I bring in an audio file into premiere it plays back at much higher levels than the original file. When I render the video, the audio is at these higher levels.

I've checked the file in audition (13.0.7.38) and the levels on the original file are correct.

If I right click on the audio file in premiere and select audio gain, I see at the bottom of that pop-up window something that says, "Peak amplitude: -13.5 dB" (It's different for each file).

If I adjust the gain by that value, it sounds correct.

I never had to adjust this before. Is there a setting to bypass these adjustments? Can I be sure that this adjustment matches the true levels that the audio engineer had set?

Thanks

Topics

Audio, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?