Highlighted

Audio Muffled and Crackling

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe Premiere Pro and I was editing a video for a school project. When I listened to the audio straight from my computer (for every audio clip), it sounded fine. When I was listening to it in Premiere Pro and after exporting, it sounded muffled and scratchy. Every time I said a word that had an "s" or "t" sound, the audio would spike and hurt the viewer's ears. Please help!

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio Muffled and Crackling

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe Premiere Pro and I was editing a video for a school project. When I listened to the audio straight from my computer (for every audio clip), it sounded fine. When I was listening to it in Premiere Pro and after exporting, it sounded muffled and scratchy. Every time I said a word that had an "s" or "t" sound, the audio would spike and hurt the viewer's ears. Please help!

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 30, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give me more info about the format info of the audio please?

Can you try also to convert one clip before importing it to premiere? and tell me if the problem persists

Try to convert them to .wav

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joellebh,

Some audio tracks are .wav, some are .mp3. The one that is worst is .wav. I don't think this would be the case, but would two different types of audio files conflict with each other? As I said, that probably isn't it, but let me know if it is!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Default input in Audio Hardware in the Preferences (under Edit) is set to None.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what are the specs of your pc and your premiere pro version 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Noah5C4F LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joellebh,

I am using a MacBook Air 2017, Dual Core 1.8 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory.

I am using Premiere Pro 2020. (Specifically 14.3.2)

I think that's everything. The speakers probably won't be needed here, because the audio sounds fine on YouTube and the audio straight off of my computer's file finder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0