• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio not Playing

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of nowhere, i stopped being able to hear any sound from premier pro during playback despite it being detected, and when i export the video i can hear the audio in media player. its as if i hit some sort of hidden mute key bind on accident. Ive tried nearly every fix on the internet and none have worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Go to Preferences > Playback, what is your Audio Device set to?

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 10.39.48 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

here are some suggestions that have worked for me in the past--you may have already tried them--

reboot

check sound settings in control panel--

make sure your playback is set to speakers/headset---whatever you want

also check on the icon lower right to make sure audio volume has the volume up (not muted) icon )))) as shown below

you've probably explored these but just in case

Best

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, i've tried that option, still cant hear anything for some reason. i'm starting to believe that i'm the only one with this issue, PP is totally mute.

life sucks.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My audio stopped playing also. I was editing with no problems - very simple sequences and suddenly, the audio will not play. The tracks are still there and the meter is moving, but no sound. Anyone got a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post up a screen shot of your Audio Hardware preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am having the same problem.  No audio playback even though audio is showing in the mixers.  Tried various videos, including Premiere bars and tone.  No audio playback.

Latest version of Adobe Premiere CC via Creative Cloud.  Version 12.0.0.  Build 224.  Windows 7 Professional.  Other programs work fine with same audio settings --, such as Adobe Audition CC via creative Cloud, Camtasia, vMix, Using the same audio hardware settings. .

I've made captures of my default windows audio settings, settings in Adobe Premiere -- as well as  Adobe Audition (which works fine with audio playback -- using same test audio clips that I used in Premiere in Audition, Premiere settings, etc.  Audition works fine.  No audio in Adobe Premiere CC  

Baffling.  But at least others seem to be having this same problem.....

Thanks for any help!

Adove Premiere CC-EE.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

Follow up to my previous post...

As a test I fired up my old (legal) copy of Premiere CS5.  In audio settings I see "Adobe Premiere WMD Sound" and it plays fine.

Not sure how to do the equivalent on my Adobe Premiere CC audio settings. 

Just adding this info as part of this troubleshooting of Premiere CC audio "issue".

....Rowby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > Playback, what is your Audio Device set to?

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 10.39.48 AM.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Meg -- that fixed it.  I had it set to "New Tek NDI Audio"  I'm  using that NDI for another program.

So I switched to "Adobe Desktop Audio" -- and it works!

Thanks SO much, Meg I was going  nutz trying everything I could think of,   But didn't check Playback settings.

Rowby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m With You I’ve looked Through every forum, Youtube video and website. Still cant find an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. My audio track is still in the timeline, but the audio mixers levels just drop flat and nothing comes out. However SOME of my audio continues to work. I shot some footage on my phone using the app Filmic Pro and for whatever reason that is the audio that drops. But I shot some footage with a Mark IV and the internal mic was running and all that audio works fine. Has anyone figured anything out cause I have a 1 week deadline and I'm starting to freak out... = /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Thought I Was The Only One !

Been Dealing With The Same Problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the suggestions from the earlier posts?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davids33404500 So I found a "solution." I just downloaded an older version and it worked fine. So I think it's just a bug in the new update.

And yeah I did try other solutions. Nothing worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wl at lasted you're working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have/had the exact same problem. It might have something to do with material recorded with Variable Frame Rate (ie Filmic Pro/iOS). One workaround is to convert the material to Constant Frame Rate in e.g. Handbrake.

Also according to https://www.premierebro.com/blog/premiere-pro-1201-update-variable-frame-rate-and-new-features version 12.0.1 is supporting VFR. Select the Master Clip Effects tab and change MPEG Source Setting to Smooth Video Motion. This fixed the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you find a fix for this? I am having trouble with audio on some tracks too, I open Prem Pro and everything plays back fine, when I start from the beginning of the timeline again, my first video track has no audio, this was also filmed with Filmic Pro on an iphone, maybe it is something to do with the Fimic pro app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2018 Jul 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some issues with Filmic/iPhone media, so that could be it. You could search the forum for that.

Also, there's an issue at times where sound stops, where if you pick a track and solo then un-solo it, you get your sound back.

Both are acknowledged and supposed to be taken care of in the next bug patch, but as always, that's top secret for release so we don't know when it will be out.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neil, yes there does seem to be issues with Filmic Pro, as it records at variable frame rates and Prem Pro doesn't like the .MOV files. I have since found a workaround of Converting the video to MP4 and swapping the audio in the timeline. Such a long winded way of doing things, but I guess I have no choice. Thanks for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team just added basic VFR support in the 2018 builds, and much VFR works fine, but not all forms from all devices. They have as noted acknowledged this particular issue and said they're working on it.

When any release may come out to fix this, we'll not know until it 'drops'.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for this string - I'm having the EXACT same issue with audio - I work on editing my sequence and the audio plays. then I might work on something else, come back to PP and the audio doesn't play. this is maddening. I've done all the above that has been suggested. So usually I have to restart the computer. UGH and TIME WASTER!

Why hasn't Adobe come out with a fix yet? This started after the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "audio not playing" issue cropped up for me as well. Everything is fine, hearing all audio, HWAM -- no audio. Mixers show there is audio, but it will not play. Sometimes it plays out of only the left channel, though the meters show from all channels in the clip, track and master. Sometimes I get it to work, quit Premiere Pro and come back and once again, no audio playback though the waveforms are still present, the meters show sound all around.

This is extremely frustrating. It is very inconsistent, and there is no pattern to what brings it back and what doesn't. It affects some sequences in the timeline, others it does not. Occasionally I can go into the Clip Mixer and solo a channel and it will then start playing on playback. Does not always work. I have tried emptying/deleting the caches, reconnecting all audio devices, uninstalling, etc.

This is nuts.

Adobe, are you listening? Or are the meters moving but no audio on playback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its driving me crazy as well!!! i am calling in the morning!!! we should protest!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I DID THIS AND IT WORKED.

I SOLO'D THE TRACK THAT WASN'T PLAYING AND THEN UN-SOLO'D IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ... that's the process to fix this at the moment. I think this is an acknowledged issue that's being worked on, and for now, you're right ... audio disappears, solo/unsolo to get it back

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines