audio on long video slowly goes out of sync

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I recorded a 30 minute video on a ptz optics camera and a wireless mic.  This was filmed in a fixed frame rate.  When I finished the video I watched it and the audio and video was synced perfectly throughout the entire video.  When I uploaded it to Premiere Pro the beginning of the video was perfect but as the video went the audio and video started to become more and more out of sync.  It only does this in premiere pro.  Changed the file type to mov.  and it still did the same thing.  I have checked everything I know to check and cannot figure out the problem.  Any help would be appreciated.  

TOPICS
Audio

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Walter,
I think it's a good idea to convert your video to constant frame rate outside premiere using handbrake app (even if you think that your video is constant frame rate) and import it again to premiere and tell us if the issue persists.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On separately recorded audio, it is common for 'drift' to occur over time as the internal clocks of the various devices from cameras to audio recorders will never be identical. It's why pro productions set up rather expensive audio time-lock gear, generating an audio code that is cord-linked to all cameras and audio recorders and used as the time-code generator for all gear involved.

Short of having that, we need to at times adjust the audio speed to keep long recordings tracking correctly. For each pair, it will typically be one fixed setting. If the audio goes a wee bit longer than the video, maybe say audio speed to 99.8% speed might be the fix to match the two on the sequence.

You just have to try a few things while checking at the end of the sequence.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines