Audio out of sync after importing EVEN AFTER using Handbrake

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me start by saying that I'm a new(ish) user of Adobe Premiere Pro. I am absolutely exhausted of Googling and searching high and low for answers. I am simply compiling clips of my singing for a music competition--no fancy effects or graphics involved. My original video clip looks and sounds fine on its own but when I import it into Adobe Premiere Pro, the audio gets out of sync. I have tried using Handbrake to encode my clip at "Constant Framerate" and while that did help a bit, it's still not 100% synced. I tried encoding at 30 FPS, 29.97 FPS, and even "Same as source". Also, the exported video is generally more out of sync than what I see in Premiere Pro, so I'm always in for a surprise.

I've tried other shortcut tricks like changing the file name from .mp4 to .mov but it didn't help. I tried creating a new project from scratch with the hope that a blank slate would erase any past issues. But no luck.

I'm really frustrated and disappointed. I would expect that a high end software like this would make video editing a breeze.

This matters a lot because the video is myself singing (a fast, upbeat song in fact) for a competition and it's quite obvious when my lips don't match the audio. I don't want anything to allude the adjudicators of lip synching.

I'm beginning to contemplate if I should switch to inShot or resort to the Video editor app that came with my laptop (which actually lowers the audio quality of the exported video)...

Details (if this helps):

Windows 10 user

Type of file: MP4

Video details

Frame width 1920

Frame height 1080

Data rate 16988 kbps

Total bitrate 17244 kbps

Frame rate 29.99 frames/second

Audio details

Bit rate 255 kbps

Channels 2 (stereo)

Audio sample rate 48.000 kHz

Your help is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Export, Import

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?