• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync but only for part of the video

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a 4 hour video that is downloaded from Twitch. I edited what I wanted from earlier parts of the video. Then when I went to edit later parts, the audio was completely desynced. In the downloaded file all audio is fine. As soon as I drag the video into Premiere part of the video is going out of sync. I read other posts talking about variable framerate but I don't understand how that would apply here because it's all the same downloaded file. It's not my raw footage. Is there any fix for this? I'm at a complete loss.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audio slowly going out of sync over time is one of the main side effects of VFR. So that sounds exactly like the problem. The longer the clip goes on, the more drift as a result of the fluctuating framerate. You'll want to convert the clip to a constant framerate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/wiki/faq/vfr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines