Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Out of Sync in Premiere Pro CC 2020

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

So this is the second time this has happened. I create my sequence, do all of my editings, and save my premiere pro project. I open the same project the next day and all the audio in my sequence is out of sync!!!

The first time, I couldn't find a solution so I had to manually go through each clip to find the right point.

Please help so I won't have to do this again!!

I'm using Premiere Pro 2020. I have a Windows computer. All my files are mp4. The video I created is under 3mins long and I'm not using lots of effects. 

I also noticed that the audio is out of sync in some of the imported files as well!?? I have no idea how that happened but I'm guessing that is why they are out of sync in the timeline. 

I have tried re-opening the project which somehow fixed the audio issue on some of the clips but not all of them. 

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are your mp4 files variable frame rate? You can use a tool like MediaInfo to examine the file.

If it indicates the footage is VFR, you can convert it with Handbrake to constant frame rate. The converted files should have in-sync audio after import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines