Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio playback not working

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - 

I'm having an issue with my audio and I'm hoping someone can help.  I had this same problem on my MacBook Pro last year and couldn't get it resolved until a new version of OSX or Premiere was released - not sure which.  Opened Premiere this morning and there's no audio being pushed.  I've got it visually in the mixer, nothing is muted, but still no sound.  I've used Premiere for more than a decade and would consider myself a very experienced user.  

Specs:

Premiere Pro 14.3

iMac Pro on Catalina

3.2GHz 8 Core Intel

64GB Ram

Radeon Vega 64 Graphics 

Here's the steps I've taken thusfar:

- Restarted OSX

- Re-installed Premiere Pro

- Tried different source clips

- Tried an another project

- Checked all sound levels in system

- Tried headphones and two other outputs

- Pushed audio through NDI

- Started a new project with clean sources

- Reset Settings

- Tried installing 14.2 and have sense come back to 14.3

None of the above steps yielded any sound.  

Any thoughts on this?  I never got it fixed the last time this happened, so I'm nervous one of my studio computers won't be able to use Premiere and would love to get this corrected ASAP.  

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Hey Gus -

I did figure it out!  

For OSX, I went to PREFERENCES and found some other audio settings in the PLAYBACK menu.  In there, I saw that my AUDIO DEVICE setting was set for NDI output, which was my problem.  I went ahead and changed that to Adobe Desktop Audio and it worked fine instantly after that.  See picture below.  Not sure if the new version set to that or NDI updated, but regardless that was my issue.

Don't know if that's what happened with you, but I do hope this helps.  Good luc

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Did you reslove this. Im now experiencing the same problem.

Thanks

Gus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Gus -

I did figure it out!  

For OSX, I went to PREFERENCES and found some other audio settings in the PLAYBACK menu.  In there, I saw that my AUDIO DEVICE setting was set for NDI output, which was my problem.  I went ahead and changed that to Adobe Desktop Audio and it worked fine instantly after that.  See picture below.  Not sure if the new version set to that or NDI updated, but regardless that was my issue.

Don't know if that's what happened with you, but I do hope this helps.  Good luck!

Tony

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 8.48.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tony

Yes! I managed to figure that too during trial an error, shortly after i posted my own question on the support forum. thanks for your reply! 

Much appreciated.

Gus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines