Audio playback stops after a few seconds

Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I play a timeline the audio and waveform stop after a few seconds. Video keeps playing. When I pause and continue the audio starts again (for a few seconds).

I have this on two different Windows PC's, with premiere 2019 latest update. Also, I have this problem with every project i am working on.

I deleted media cache and updated all my drivers, but it does not solve the problem.

When there are multiple audio tracks sometimes only only one stops playing, sometimes they all stop playing.

Anyone knows a solution for this? It is really slowing me down. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio playback stops after a few seconds

Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I play a timeline the audio and waveform stop after a few seconds. Video keeps playing. When I pause and continue the audio starts again (for a few seconds).

I have this on two different Windows PC's, with premiere 2019 latest update. Also, I have this problem with every project i am working on.

I deleted media cache and updated all my drivers, but it does not solve the problem.

When there are multiple audio tracks sometimes only only one stops playing, sometimes they all stop playing.

Anyone knows a solution for this? It is really slowing me down. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 20, 2019 1
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Makes editing impossible as I'm working with VR stereo footage and am really cutting on sound vs image at times

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2019 0
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for this ?  I have the same problem.  Working with WAV files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2020 0
Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-Premiere-Pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn’t work, try updating or rolling back your graphics driver directly from the video card manufacturer’s site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 02, 2020 0
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried all that and still have the same problem. 
Reworked sample rates, etc.

Still - audio will play for 5 seconds or so and then just go silent.  Video keeps running. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 0