• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Playback

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem , I have downloaded a song at normal speed now I want to speed it up to 2x (double) then I want to post it on youtube and view the song there at 0.5x (half speed) so in effect , the song should play the same as normal speed . But this is not happening , the singer's voice is becoming rough. Look at the difference :
Original Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvPsJFRGleA
My Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqeVtHXPycU

Please Help . I assume that it is a problem of frame rates .

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Firstly, you do have permission from the rights-holder to actually do this, yes?

Secondly, I think your biggest problem is that you are changing the pitch of everything from a lossy source file to export it out to another lossy file. Unless you can get a lossless version then you are going to get horrendous artefacts - period.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the default input in the audio hardware of the Preferences is set to NONE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not working , It seems to be a problem with the Youtube part

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly, you do have permission from the rights-holder to actually do this, yes?

Secondly, I think your biggest problem is that you are changing the pitch of everything from a lossy source file to export it out to another lossy file. Unless you can get a lossless version then you are going to get horrendous artefacts - period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha  , No I do not have rights to this song , I was curious to see what would happen and used this merely as an example. So do you have any idea as to how I might fix this Problem???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil gave you a clue:

Find a song that is in a lossless codec: WAV, Apple Lossless in an M4A wrapper, or FLAC.

Then repeat your experiment. See if the end result is any better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well when you speed something up using the same settings, you're losing half the information so when you slow it down you should have half the quality...  fwiw, speeding audio up while not changing the pitch has never been great for me in Premiere.  Much better sending ot audition.  of course, haven't tried this in premiere 2020,  May be fixed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines