Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Popping in Timeline and Exports

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've been having an issue with my audio in Premiere Pro. At randoms times during clips, the audio pops or clicks and it's very annoying. The pops are not present in the clips before importing them into Premiere Pro. The popping occurs frequently when I'm talking, and I've made sure that my audio isn't clipping in the recordings. The popping sometimes randomly appears even if the audio has played smoothly without any pops.

I've tried exporting my projects as Waveform Audios and re-importing them into the timeline. This has fixed the issue a few times, but the audio pops remain most of the time. I've also tried numerous different export formats, and encoding settings. As I mentioned, the audio sounds perfectly fine when opened with another media player (VLC). The issue also persists accross multiple types of recordings, such as videos recorded on my Iphone, and videos recorded through OBS with a good mic.

I attached a very short sample where you can here the pop/click at the end.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Jonas

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

When I delete all Media Cache files, it seems to temporarily fix the issue, but when I make any changes to the project/timeline, the audio popping starts randomly appearing througout the timeline.

Any ideas as to how I could fix this or why it's happening?

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any audio effects applied such as Denoiser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

If that doesn't work, try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.

If that doesn't work, try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not using any extra effects on the audio. I tried resetting the workspace layout, and setting audio hardware input to "no input". The problem is the popping/clicking occurs very randomly. When I restart PP, or import the project into a new project, the popping occurs at different points. Once exported, the popping is permanent, and can be heard in any player.

The only fix that has worked for me is clearing all media cache files before every export, which is pretty inconvenient, but will work until I find a more permanent fix.

Any other input is greatly appreciated 🙂

Jonas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines