• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio pops and clicks pr 2018

Participant ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i recently updated to 2018, now i'm having audio pops and clicks randomly on my timelines.

it is not there in the raw files. this happens across multiple projects shot on different cameras in different locations with different audio equipment.

i check the same clips in other programs and no pops or clicks. all sources point to pr.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hayzensproductions,

Sorry for the issue. Is this happening with new projects as well?

Clear the media cache & check the issue in a new project. Here are the steps: FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  It is happening with new and old projects. Red footage from two different cameras in two different projects. As well as sony fsy footage in a third project. As well as avchd footage in a fourth project. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Wilky Black

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wilky Black,

It may happen with bad media cache. Have you cleared the media cache using the steps in this article: FAQ: How to clean media cache files?

If possible, record a small sample & share it with us.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not deleted my cache. I will try that in the morning.

Thanks. Good idea.

Sent from my iPhone

Wilky Black

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same response I put in the other thread: 

On Mac and Windows when using ASIO "Preferences>Audio Hardware>I/O Buffer size..." or "Preferences>Audio Hardware>Latency..." on Windows if you are using MME driver model.

Set that to a higher number and you should experience less audio dropouts.  If not please send me a direct message.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I tried that with no luck, also deleted cache with no luck.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue cropped up for me. It starts in the empty spaces of the timeline. If I scrub back and forth, it gets less and less. But it is intermittent and, like other issues, not consistent in frequency or fix. I did empty the cache, which did not affect it whatsoever. I increased the buffer as per Matt_Stegner, which helped at first but now the noise is different and louder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the buffer is not set too low.  Next step:  In "Prefs>Audio Hardware..." is the sample rate dropdown set to match you sequence settings.  Example, if you sequence is set to work at 48,000 samples, is the hardware set to the same?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! My sample rate matches and is also greyed out not allowing me to change it if I had to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, next step: Can you post a video of it happening?  There is very little information for me to go on here.  Many times a video of the problem happening will show me something that Is not coming through in text on the forum.

What audio hardware do you have running?  Can you describe how you have your audio hardware set up?  Describe anything that might be out of the ordinary or special to you set up?

Are you using adaptive/multichannel master and a ton of audio effect or Essential Sound panel instances? 

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get buzzing, varying frequencies, only between clips—one clip is interview, the other is room sound— and totally unpredictable. Echo is not part of the issue. That is just how I had to set it up to record screen with QT. It happens when working normally as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisa97474261 Ok, that is not a latency buffer issue.  Separate issue that what I think @hayzensproductions is having.

Edit:  Thank you a ton for posting this video though.  It is a separate issue that I've been tracking down and this gave me some ideas.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Thanks. Any suggestions on that would be greatly appreciated…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will get a clip this weekend. Not in front of my edit suite right now.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6 layers of 4k cams + slideshow and animations maxed out cpu and nvidia, no problem, new issue is audio distortions, clicks wtf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. Random pops and clicks when playing in the timeline and also show up in exports. When playing in timeline, sometimes they disappear, reappear, and then still show up in final export. I tried the above suggestions (i.e. clear media cache, and setting the I/O buffer to a higher number).

Just started a new project and the first clip I imported into timeline has this same issue.

I'm using Macbook Pro (Mid 2015) Catalina, and Premier Pro 2020 is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Optical out from your machine? Had identical issue (Win 10 / PP 2018) Swapped from optical out to analog (headphone jack; both ports on motherboard); reconfigured Windows and PP Audio Hardware preferences to match.  Problem gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

These pops and clicks have been a problem for years. This is true for both old and new projects in my experience. Sometimes you can hear them before rendering and other times you can't. Clearing the cache has not helped in my instances. The only work-around I have found is to reboot my computer and restart all Adobe applications from scratch before any final renders that must be really good. Sometimes logging out and then logging in again on my iMac Pro running Big Sur 11.1 helps, too. I just had to do that with Premiere 14.7.0 (Build 23), released on 12/8/2020. And yes, this Premiere defect makes it just that much harder to get results that a client will accept.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines