Audio Pops and Clicks Premiere Pro 2021

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I posted about this issue a little while ago, but I didn't end up finding a solution.

I've been having an issue with my audio in Premiere Pro. At randoms times during clips, the audio pops or clicks and it's very annoying. The pops are not present in the clips before importing them into Premiere Pro. The popping occurs frequently when I'm talking, and I've made sure that my audio isn't clipping in the recordings. The popping sometimes randomly shows up in the exports even if the audio has played smoothly on the timeline without popping.

What I've tried:

- Numerous formats and encoding settings

- Exporting audio as .wav and re-importing

- Deleting all Media Cache Files

- Applying the automatic click remover

- Resetting workspace to a saved layout

- Setting audio hardware input to none

- Importing projects into new ones

- Removing any audio effects

As I mentioned, the audio sounds perfectly fine when opened with another media player (VLC). The issue also persists accross multiple types of recordings, such as videos recorded on my Iphone, and videos recorded through OBS with a good mic.

I have no idea what's causing this issues, and its getting quite frustrating.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Jonas

TOPICS
Audio, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your audio recordings MP3's? I've had that issue before and converted the files to WAV and the problems went away.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey!

Most of my audio recordings are MP4's straight from OBS, or they're HVEC videos.

Even if export the audio as .wav and re-import it, the popping occurs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines