• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Track Mixer Automation mode jumping to Touch

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a suspected bug that is making the Audio Track Mixer default to Touch mode, instead of Read.

This is troublesome because if a track is temporarily muted, a mute keyframe is added to the timeline. This requires navigating through the keyframe dropdown on each audio track, finding the track keyframe option, and finding and deleting all the mute keyframes.

If I have the mixer pabel open in my workspace, I can watch it switch back to Touch any time I click anywhere outside of Premiere, then back into the mixer panel. 

The default should be Read, but no matter how many times I reset it, save my project, and save my workspace, I encounter the problem.

Premiere Pro v. 23.2.0 (Build 69)

Apple M1 2020 Mac Mini, 16gb RAM

MacOS Monterey, 12.3.1

External USB-C SSD drives

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Sound , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Hi all,

I read the bug report and I wanted to thank everyone for contributing. I apologize on behalf of Adobe for the issue; it's a big let down. I will continue to advocate for the fix and will make sure the bug is addressed ASAP. I will add the comments to the internal bug right now. Sorry again for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I start a project up. I set the audio channels to off. They will turn themselves back to "touch" and as I play with my 30 band EQ as the video plays, next time I play that section the entirety of all faders in the EQ are either maxed or switched around in random places I DID NOT set them to. 

Can anybody tell me why is my audio automation deciding to turn itself on even after I make a point to turn those channels off from the get go?

I'm now realizing that I will set them to off, Click out of premiere for whatever reason, then come back and they're set to touch again. 

Is there a way to turn this audio automation off entirely!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The touch automation seems to toggle on and off radomly and I'm loosing my mind! It's connected to my eq settings. I'll uncheck "switch to touch after write" and every time I come back into the audio workspace it's back on. I have saved my workspace mulitple times with it uncheck and automation turned to off but nothing seems to work. What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi guys! I have a question 🙂 do you know why in Audio Mixer automation mode randomly jumps from Read to Touch by itself? It's super annoying and it's impossible to edit like that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

Thanks for writing in. Can you provide more information? Could you share a screen recording of the issue? It will help.

Let us know. Happy to help.

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same issue. Making me crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here- I can actually watch the audio track mixer jump back to touch if I click my mouse anywhere outside of Premiere, then click anywhere in the mixer panel. I'm losing so much time, because when I temporarily mute a track in the timeline, if the mixer is in touch, it adds a mute keyframe. Then I have to drop down two or three options to discover and delete all the random mute keyframes! How can we start reporting this bug officially through the proper channels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. This needs to be addressed. I've had a couple videos get flagged by clients with audio issues because it automatically does this if I click off Premiere and then move back. I'll render a video not know it switched to touch and started moving my levels around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just today I had to fix two published videos when the client reported a random audio dip. I had to dig down to the track keyframes, this time it wasn't the mute keyframes but the volume keyframes, and I don't even know when I might have been adjusting the audio so much for as many keyframes there were! Lasso with a pen tool, delete them, emergency dealt with this time, with a friendly and understanding client. But this IS a serious issue that needs to be fixed, as you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every single project file has the same issue of defaulting and randomly switching to "Touch" automation inside the audio track mixer. It's SUPREMELY frustrating and it now happens in every single project I open. This has been going on most of this year but I'm finally losing my mind over it. It causes SO MANY issues with EVERY project I'm on. Its costing me a lot of time and it doesn't seem to be able to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I read the bug report and I wanted to thank everyone for contributing. I apologize on behalf of Adobe for the issue; it's a big let down. I will continue to advocate for the fix and will make sure the bug is addressed ASAP. I will add the comments to the internal bug right now. Sorry again for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also happens to me for a long time now. May be since 2020 or earlier.

Track jumped to Touch > manually changed to Read > switch to another application > switch back to Premiere > SEEING it just to Touch by itself!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere 2024 fixed this problem. Appreciate the fix. Wish it was sooner. 

Votes

Translate

Translate