• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio "un" syncs when I move it in timeline.

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record audio on an external unit, as I've always done, with a signal going into camera so I can sync them up later in my timeline.  Never had a problem until today, before and after the most recent PrPro update.

I have a long video clip, and matching audio clip, perfectly synced in the timeline.  When I make a cut, delete the undesired part, select and then drag to butt it up to the previos clip I hear the external audio has become un-synced by a frame or so.  Any clues?

First clip shows them synced.  When I drag the clip, the green audio shifts, evident by the marker.  Where I typed "notice!!!", I did not match up the beginning of the clips.  It keeps the start of the clip the same but shifts the audio to be out of sync.  

Most recent version of Pr, however happened in previous as well.  Just updated today.  

Premiere Audio Shift A.jpg

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two questions:

1. What version of Premiere is this?
  2. Does your timeline frame rate match the frame rate of your footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most recent.

I create my timelines to match my footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, try the same process in the previous version (CC2019) and see if the same thing happens there. There have been several bugs reported with CC20.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines