• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio recorded over unintended area

Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When recording voice over in premiere pro, the new audio is placed in the in point if the in marker is on the timeline; otherwise it is placed at the current time.

If the current marker is in my view, and the in marker is out of my view, this could lead to recording at unintended place. I always hit ctrl-Z if my audio didn't appear where I expected, but this isn't foolproof. I still accidentally talked over an uninteneded area.

Has anyone run into this and what's the best solution?

Since there is very little reason to record audio in an area outside current view, this could be easily detected and something done about it. Or perhaps an option to always record at the current time (instead of in mark) would be useful.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand the frustration when this happens but ultimately the behaviour makes sense. If you get in the habit of hitting option+x (mac) or alt+x (win) before you record then this will clear any marks you might have left outside your area of view and recording will use CTI. It doesn't really make sense (IMHO) to have an option to never use the IN marker. You start to get into the territory of the old microsoft word paperclip: "I don't think you want to record your audio there so I'm going to put it somewhere else!"  "AARRRGGHH!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To avoid such issues i record my voice over in Audition.

I read the entire text in on go and then cut in Premiere.

You can do the same: instead of using Audition you can use an empty sequence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines