Highlighted

Audio recording became choppy and robotic whilst editing???

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so I was recording a voice-over for a video using my rode nt usb microphone and recording directly onto an audio track in my premiere project. Once i finished recording, i decided to play the whole audio recording back to make sure i could be understood and hadn't said anything silly, etc. Around 25 minutes into the recording (in total it's around 35-40 minutes long), the audio suddenly became very robotic and choppy and i couldn't really understand anything. So i went back to a part i knew sounded alright, played it again, and it was also choppy. So i decided to just save and close the project (so that i'd still have my audio file) and reopen it. However, when i reopened it, the ENTIRE audio file had that choppy mechanical distortion. In addition to that, when i now try to play my video in premiere, it lags for almost a minute whenever i move the playhead and press play. Idk if this issue is related to the aforementioned one, but i thought i'd bring it up anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio recording became choppy and robotic whilst editing???

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, so I was recording a voice-over for a video using my rode nt usb microphone and recording directly onto an audio track in my premiere project. Once i finished recording, i decided to play the whole audio recording back to make sure i could be understood and hadn't said anything silly, etc. Around 25 minutes into the recording (in total it's around 35-40 minutes long), the audio suddenly became very robotic and choppy and i couldn't really understand anything. So i went back to a part i knew sounded alright, played it again, and it was also choppy. So i decided to just save and close the project (so that i'd still have my audio file) and reopen it. However, when i reopened it, the ENTIRE audio file had that choppy mechanical distortion. In addition to that, when i now try to play my video in premiere, it lags for almost a minute whenever i move the playhead and press play. Idk if this issue is related to the aforementioned one, but i thought i'd bring it up anyway.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Topics

Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?