Highlighted

Audio Slowed Down After Importing to Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I Import a video into Premiere Pro the audio is slower than normal. I was able to fix this by speeding it up to 900%, but I only have a few seconds of audio because most of it was cut off. So my question is, how can I stop the audio from getting slowed down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio Slowed Down After Importing to Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I Import a video into Premiere Pro the audio is slower than normal. I was able to fix this by speeding it up to 900%, but I only have a few seconds of audio because most of it was cut off. So my question is, how can I stop the audio from getting slowed down?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More information needed for someone to help... please click below and provide the requested information

-Troubleshooting https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475

-Premiere Pro Video Editing Information FAQ http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-WITH Exactly which version of Premiere Pro

-WITH exactly what are the codec details of what you are editing, and were did you get the file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PhineasK,

What is the source of your footage?

Mobile phones, Screen capturing applications & Web Cams often use Variable Frame Rate recording, which is not ideal for use in Premiere. This could affect the quality of the final output due to frame rate conversion.

I have seen multiple cases where users experience audio sync issue with variable frame rate material.

Some users will convert the variable rate footage to a fixed/constant frame rate using the free HandBrake software before importing and editing in Premiere.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that using Handbrake to re-encode the footage whether it's constant framerate or peak [variable framerate), works just fine. This issue has happened a few times for me now on different versions of premiere and I was able to get it to work. My issue was everything played fine everywhere else, except the most important place I needed it to, PREMIERE PRO..my audio played 200% slow. when i sped it up, it was now cut off...

..now to vent a little bit on Premiere Pro...why does a free software like Handbrake help us fix severe footage problems yet an expensive SUBSCRIPTION to Adobe cannot fix the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! And why does a free software like Handbrake help us fix severe footage problems yet an expensive SUBSCRIPTION to Adobe cannot fix the problem? /2

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, downloaded some IG TV footage that played great on the PC but imported with sound like a newly-awoken (and hungover) Barry White. So I kept the video in Premiere Project but unlinked the audio and video then deleted the bogus audio track. I then went outside Premiere and converted the otherwise kosher MP4 to only MP3 (you can do this on-line quickly & freely) and dropped that usable audio only track into my timeline right below the related video track. Being the same size they were e-z to line-up....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same exact issue importing a 17min clip from IGTV! haha I even tried converting the clip to audio straight in Adobe Encoder and it still came out slow/distorted. Tried 2 diff computers, Mac/PC, AE, Premier, Audition, stereo, mono, mp3, wav, checked my sound drivers and all. The online converter thing worked by uploading the same content I downloaded to the converter site so it's gotta be an Adobe issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be some encoding issue, try using FFMpeg to re-encode the audio file:

https://youtu.be/Yb8X8YuI0xk

This video demonstrates how to fix "slowed" audio after it's been imported into Adobe Premiere Pro or After Effects. 👋 Let's talk shop 👇 [Discord] https://di...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines