• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio stops playing a few seconds into timeline

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen some posts about this but no solutions, or at least no solutions that have worked for me.

Premiere 14.0

Win 10

Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti w/ Max Q

I've been having an issue where audio keeps dropping out after I hit play in the timeline after 3-5 Sec.

Stopping and restarting brings the audio back, but again only 3-5 Sec and then it drops out again. 

Trashing preferences doesn't fix it.
Re-setting the workspace doesn't fix it.
Reworking sampling rates for all them to match doesn't fix it. 

Makes editing really frurstrating. 

Any ideas out there?

J

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, after trying a bunch of things...this totally randomly...seems to have fixed it?
Setting the playback quality in the bottom right of the program window from 1/2 to Full.
Now audio doesn't drop out.  Doesn't seem to make any sense to me...but has been working for the last 5 min or so.
If that changes I'll let you know. 
Adobe techs....any explanation for this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try using ASIO4 ALL drviers. It might work better for your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Andy 1968 - Tried those driver; but same result.  Audio drops out at 1/2 qualilty; but plays fine at full. 
It's a head scratcher.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

man thank you so much lmao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening.  Not sure if anyone out there has any ideas. Happening when set to full now as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

DefaultAudioInputNoInput.jpg

Also try increasing your I/O Buffer Size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Jeff Bellune 
I already had the input turned off, because I know that can create issues.  Strange - I don't have I/O Buffer only latency.  Maybe because I'm in MIME?

johnb20352276_0-1607380810265.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Months late, but what the heck.  I had the same issue editing 360 footage.  The first few seconds of audio would play, but then nothing.  Found out it was the external hard drive I was using was far to slow.  I copied the footage to my pc's internal SSD and didn't have any further issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Have tried everything. Changing the video preview res helped for a little bit, but then it just came back. Moving the media to my SSD did nothing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling all morning with a similar issue.  In my case the timeline played perfectly, however after exporting the audio was missing for some clips.  I was using iPhone footage (Variable Frame Rate) but have never had issues before.

To fix the issue with the sound, I clicked "edit in audition" and then returned to premiere, exports now without any audio issues.

Not sure if this will help your situation but give the edit in audition a try then come back to the video and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines