Exit

Audio too low when exporting a project

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

First time here.

I've been working with Premiere pro for a couple of years and never encounter with this problem, the thing is, when i export my project everything its correct, except for the audio that is too low on volume and quality...  but the video quality is not affected, only the audio.

I recorded the vocals on Audition with a podcast mic and an antipop filter and process the audio for better quality, when i play the video on Premiere timeline is perfect, the problem comes when i export it. I tried diferent kind of settings and ways to fix it, like normalize the audio, adjusting the levels, change the audio settings, and duplicate the audio layer on the time line, wich partially work, but it's not a solution, i have already worked with diferent versions of Premiere and this has never happened to me.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, [the export settings are below]

TOPICS
Audio , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using to playback the exported file?

Does this low level occur with all audio in the timeline, or just the VO?

If you import the exported file back in to Premiere Pro, does it sound OK?

My suspicion is that the VO track is a stereo recording that is out of phase. 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you using to playback the exported file?

Im using the windows player, TV and Movies default app.

Does this low level occur with all audio in the timeline, or just the VO?

all the audio on the timeline

If you import the exported file back in to Premiere Pro, does it sound OK?

Actually, when i import the exported file back to Premiere sounds great, very clever tip, maybe youre right about the 

"VO track is a stereo recording that is out of phase", how could i fix that or try to find if thats the problem m8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If out of phase is the problem just add 'fill left with right' audio effect to the stereo vo track

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, doesen't work, idk what could be the problem, i recorded with audition and sounds good in audition and premiere, but when i exported the volume is to low... maybe another idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been having the same issue, so I avoided using Audition, but I pay for it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot of your export settings summary like this example below:

ME Export settings.png

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, no problem, there is

Captura.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm . . .  have you tried deleting your media cache files?

https://youtu.be/FnXiLelYh1c 

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but only one option was enabled.

Juan_Garza_0-1597102214771.png

I chosse delete anyway and try again, but same problem, i was thinking that maybe i saved the audio file with a wrong extension, at first use mp3, then wav and aiff... and nothing change. I appreciate the help anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows? Mac?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, i know nothing about windows. You'll need to wait until someone comes along that can help.

To review, sequence sounds good in Premiere,

exported file does not sound good and has low gain in other media players on the same system,

but -  if that exported file is brought back into Premiere sound quality and level are good again.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!! I'm here 2 years later, but I'll leave a comment for the future Video Editors. 

If the export setting are OK, then it might be a problem of other things:

1) The "too obviuous": Is the volume in the software were you are playing the video too low? Is there any equalizer active on the software? You always have to watch out for this and have two working video play softwares to try the videos. 

2) Audio drivers: Maybe the other software were you play the video is using another audio driver and that is causing the problem. You should compare the audio hardware on Premiere Pro versus the audio your PC is using (click in the audio icon at the bottom right of the screen, and watch the name.

3) Something is broken?: You should export another file and see if is working OK. If everything is flawless, then you should create another secuence with the problematic video and see if the problem is solved. 

If is not, then you can duplicate the "working proyect" and paste there the content of the "problematic proyect". Then export. 

4) All the proyects that you export are working bad?: Maybe you should try on another PC. It might be some corrupted data on Premiere Pro. You can erase cache or reinstall the software from scratch, erasing your configuration in the process. 

I hope you are not still having this problem!

And I hope it help you "Video Editor of the future". 

Good bye!! 
Nacho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gonna reply here too for the sake of everyone as I've just encountered this.

The "problem" is that after export the audio is very low despite it being OK while editing. The reason for me was opening the exported videos on Windows Movies&TV Player (https://prnt.sc/p723ogf6ooNP). once opened on Media Player Classic it played well.

Windows Movies&TV Player sucks -  don't use it. I also installed the latest K-lite codec pack as set Media Player Classic as default. I used the regular H.264 codec.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For goodness sake DO NOT install codec packs in 2023!  They are far more likely to overwrite crucial files and crash your system than than to fix problems. Everything you need is already there.

Good media players for windows that are self-contained include MPC-HC and VLC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines